Brakes freezing OFF!

Bit of a warning Gents if you drive anything with Wabco brake components in this cold snap make sure your hand brake is applied before you get out of a tractor.dont mean you have forgot to pull the valve but the park brake relay valve freezes and the spring brakes on the tractor cant dump the air so the brakes remain off even though the park brake light comes on.Have had 3 axors do it over the past two nights.No problem if you have a trailer on as the yellow line supplies the air to the chambers on the trailer.One of the bloody things rolled into a fence.Stupid Merc put the relay valve right where the wind under the truck blows on it and the silencer mesh freezes solid.

Well look on the bright side, Most drivers get stuck in lane two with frozen brakes that Won’t come off. :laughing:

Just a thought.
How many drivers check their air tanks nowadays? I know i do.

Bring back the alcohol bottle

Wheel Nut:
Bring back the alcohol bottle

For the driver or the truck heh heh!

I love the smell of Methanol :ugeek:

limeyphil:
Well look on the bright side, Most drivers get stuck in lane two with frozen brakes that Won’t come off. :laughing:

Just a thought.

Hiya…are you aloud to ■■? I’ve never been trained in 44years.
John

3300John:

limeyphil:

Just a thought.

John

I’m sure someone will shout “Health and safety, put your hands where i can em, Now move very slowly to the cooler. Be warned son, I’m carrying a 9mm risk assesment and i never miss”. :laughing:

limeyphil:

3300John:

limeyphil:

Just a thought.

John

I’m sure someone will shout “Health and safety, put your hands where i can em, Now move very slowly to the cooler. Be warned son, I’m carrying a 9mm risk assesment and i never miss”. :laughing:

hahahaha :smiley: :smiley:

We carry a gallon of Methanol on each of the service vans :wink:

cieranc:
We carry a gallon of Methanol on each of the service vans :wink:

i’ve got 25 litres at the back of the house. i didn’t buy it for the airlines, it was for mixing with petrol to make cheap fuel.
if anyone needs a bit, then it’s here.