Brakes Company

Hello
Just wondered if anybody has worked for Brakes or knows anybody who works for them and can give any
information on working conditions, ie hours,and if they take on new drivers? they are advertising for positions at Harlow.
Any help much appreciated
Thanks

Can’t tell you about wages but the work is hard graft. Lots of handball to add to getting in and out of some really tight spots. If you are down for some physical labour and aren’t afraid of a challenge then its pretty good. It will keep you fit and help you improve your manvouring and reversing skills. Plus, if you do it long enough you’ll get to know the restaurant owners so you could get some freebies thrown in. Back when I worked at a coffee shop, our delivery driver always get a free coffee of his choosing.

Many Thanks for your information, much appreciated

As Radar says it involves a bit of graft,I’ve done similar over the years with the likes of Costcutters etc: If you’re newly passed companies like Brakes will usually give you a go.
The main thing for you is to get the experience under your belt,take the job if they offer it and get that much needed experience under your belt.
Then move on somewhere else if you like. :wink:

Did 3 years at Tamworth it is hard graft,and getting used to searching for boxes in the freezer at -35c which in the winter when your wet is a ball ache,handling cash isn’t fun £1000’s some days.
Always wear gloves in the freezer coz if your hands are wet they will stick to the cages and it leaves skin behind if you pull em off to quick.
But that said get your own route get to know your customers and coffee and tea abound,used to route my drops to space coffees out to last the day :grimacing: , come Christmas the beer wine and cash you get is unreal and if your cheeky a Christmas kiss off the hot ladies on your route lol :laughing:

Jeff.

Pay is around 31k in thorp. Harlow shouldn’t be much different.

I had interview and job offer 4 weeks later, but had to reject it coz of other duties.

Once again Many thanks for all your responses, much appreciated

Pay in reading is 31k as well for class 2.

I know a guy who did the job and he said it was hard work… picking orders from a list when you get to your destination then lots of hand ball into the places you took it to.

He now works for hovis and is a lot happier.

Harlow pay is 29k, thought about applying myself. Mate of mine has just given his notice in from the Chelmsford depot as they are shutting the branch and Bishops Stortford and moving it all to Harlow (Old Tesco depot) As he lives in Hatfield Peveral he doesn’t want to drive an hour each way to work. If it wasn’t for the distance he’d still be there as he loved it. Said it is hard work though.

Its thirty grand for a reason lol.

It’s just under £24,000 in Grantham :neutral_face: wish we got that much! Got told because there is lack of competition around the area for class 2 work they keep the wages low! :confused: