brakes anyone

anybody driven for brake foods ;thinking about applying to there harlow depot, just wondering what its like .been trying for a job for a little while and the ‘’ no experience thing is holding me back ,i would prefer class1 but i need a boot in the door and i know they take on newbys

jeffeddie:
anybody driven for brake foods ;thinking about applying to there harlow depot, just wondering what its like .been trying for a job for a little while and the ‘’ no experience thing is holding me back ,i would prefer class1 but i need a boot in the door and i know they take on newbys

its where i started, the money is decent but it is pretty crap work

A lot of class 2 work is crappy but if you can’t do multidrop your gonna struggle getting the job you want. A lot of agencies have the experienced guys who just want trunking and refuse to do the multidrop.

Early starts and hard physical work handballing lots of boxes around, as the customer usually expects you to deliver right into the kitchen/fridge/freezer. Town/City Centre deliveries can be a bit of a nightmare for parking. However, I hear the money’s reasonable.

Lots of restaurant and school deliveries etc. As said, plenty town centre work and challenging parking.

Hauling heavy sacks of spuds up stairs etc. Money is indeed good. Enjoy.

eagerbeaver:
Money is indeed good. Enjoy.

Is it, do they pay their drivers £30 p/h?

Joy:

eagerbeaver:
Money is indeed good. Enjoy.

Is it, do they pay their drivers £30 p/h?

Even I’d consider that job…

So would I. But in reality, they probably pay their drivers no more than a third of that, at best.

Sends a shiver down my spine, thinking about it.

Very poor trolling attempt by this latest contestant.

Creativity. 1/10
Humour. 0/10
Originality 1/10

Move along.

eagerbeaver:
Very poor trolling attempt by this latest contestant.

Creativity. 1/10
Humour. 0/10
Originality 1/10

Move along.

Where’s the trolling at, sir?

This ’ Joy ’ character, Dude.

eagerbeaver:
This ’ Joy ’ character, Dude.

It’s inset day at some schools today, explains why they could stay up late last night to join a forum instead of studying their spellings…

it has been said already, hard work early starts lots and lots of hours ■■■■ work, but if your a newbie and need experience and you cant get anything else it might be worth a shout. As for Joy taking the ■■■■ they probably earn more money then you mate you can earn 35k-40k there easy witht the amount of hours they do.

Joy:
So would I. But in reality, they probably pay their drivers no more than a third of that, at best.

You have a spine? :open_mouth:

How you doing V40LLY? :smiley:
Shouldn’t you be out playing with the other kids? :open_mouth:
Or is mummy getting your tea ready and cutting up your meat for you?
We wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself with sharp implements would we! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

I thought she was getting her breast ready to feed him.

Evil8Beezle:

Joy:

You have a spine? :open_mouth:

How you doing V40LLY? :smiley:
Shouldn’t you be out playing with the other kids? :open_mouth:
We wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself with sharp implements would we! :wink:

The only sharp object he had to watch out for is himself :wink:

LittleCar:

Evil8Beezle:

I thought she was getting her breast ready to feed him.

That’s my breast, hands off! :grimacing:

It’s a mans job,mouses need not apply.

Good money which you earn,go for it fella.

Just spoke to a brakes driver in central london. He said it’s hard work vut no problem with new passes getting a job .He started at 3am in reading and was done at 11am just had to drive back to reading. Seems okay. Definitely worth it he said to get experience.