Brake checking!

I know there are quite a few more trolls on here at the moment so I thought I’d ask the question.

1. WHY brake check anyone?
  2. What is the reason?
  3. What do you expect to get from it?
  4. Apart from cash for crash scam you could get hurt, so why?

I spoke to a mate of mine who told me he did it to a truck on the A1 from Worksop (is that 5 lane ends) to the A57 Lincoln turn off :unamused: (this was the 50mph section) He thought it funny that the driver was irate and telling him to pull over flashing lights etc.

I told him that he’d definitely pick on the wrong one one day and get ■■■■■■■■■

I just don’t get it :unamused:

Because they’re cowards who think they’re invincible in their little cars.

A.

There is only one reason I can think of for brake checking other motorists, and that reason is that the driver is bloody stupid :unamused:

When I’ve felt that someone was uncomfortably close I have on the odd occasion touched the brake pedal on my car enough to bring the brake lights on, but actual brake checking is just plain crazy and has on many occasions gone wrong for the fool doing it.

braking check a truck would be as daft as a grown man purposefully getting in the way of a charging Rhino - similar weight difference, possible similar outcome

The only effective way I can think of in dealing with the tail gating wagon would be some sort of gatling gun that pops out of the roof. Take out his top and bottom light bars and remove his mirrors, I guarantee the farkwit will back off.
youtube.com/watch?v=FyyYLfSH010

I know there are quite a few more trolls on here at the moment so I thought I’d ask the question.so how many more are there here to day as against 10 days a go

I once got break checked by a Stobrats driver because I had the audacity to go 50mph through the 50mph average speed cameras!!!
I was in a Clio at the time and the ■■■■ crawled by me, flashing light and hand signals aplenty then slammed the anchors on nearly squashing me between him and the wagon behind me.
Luckily I anticipated what he was going to do and managed to avoid it.

He was still giving it the big one when I drove buy him further down the road. I was tempted to pull him over and crack him but for the 1 and only time in my life I thought I’d report him instead. Turns out his planner is a mate of mine and the TM took a very dim view of his actions.

malcolmgbell:
I know there are quite a few more trolls on here at the moment so I thought I’d ask the question.so how many more are there here to day as against 10 days a go

I’m no troll :unamused: I’m too unliked to be a troll, I don’t post very often for this very reason. It was a genuine question :imp:

I was brake checked a couple of weeks by an artic who was joining the M1 north at junction 27 . It was obvious he had the legs on me as he came down the slip and if I’d pulled into lane 2 I’d have been hanging so I let him hoof it and he had to run onto the hard shoulder for 50 feet. Then he brake checked me!
I couldn’t be arsed reacting or stressing over it and off he went into the distance.

Had it done to me 2 weeks ago,on a303 going east towards A34 turn off, I just passed another wagon and obviously the guy in the audi had been stuck behind me he then proceeded to brake check me and give me the coffee beans. He then turned off down the A34 slip. I probably held him up for 30 secs. I wonder if his life would have been worth 30 secs if I had plowed into him.

I can’t honestly remember the last time I was brake checked tbh, but I find it surprising these days with the proliferation of dash cams that people still do it. It’s a dangerous game to play with a 44 tonner who’s driver is confident in his get out of jail free card.

dri-diddly-iver:

malcolmgbell:

I’m no troll :unamused: I’m too unliked to be a troll, I don’t post very often for this very reason. It was a genuine question :imp:

u did not ansewer the question how many more

the maoster:
. It’s a dangerous game to play with a 44 tonner.

Given some of the marrows occupying the seat, ear plugs in, vacant look.

Happened to me 3 times.
First time was in Germany when I was inexpirenced and tied the truck in knots but gained a valuable lesson in weight an momentum and learnt not to flinch in these circumstances.
Second time was in France which went on for around 20Ks after the first instance. Then swerving all over the road trying to stop me. I was having none of it, thinking it was some sort of hijack event. It was only when I got to the next peage did I see the same car with a fully uniformed French copper stood next to it that I realised he was trying to pull me over. Did the business at the toll and then gave him the finger as I pulled past him trying flag me down with his hat. Tool.

Last time it happened was going through Birmingham, I could tell it was going to happen as little Miss.Irate in her important car barreled up behind me was flashing her light as to some how magically get 40 tons out her life as I was overtaking another heavy. Pass completed and in front of me she swerved. This time I was ready, so I relaxed and let weight and momentum do its thing, right up the arse of her posh German motor.
Fortunately, the driver of the truck I passed stopped aswell and offered to bear witness as to what happened which soon shut her up and she just stormed off in her newly Scania redesigned BMW.

malcolmgbell:
u did not ansewer the question how many more

I’ve not counted, but quite a few more. New members just joined and straight in :wink:

Granted this is in a car but one thing i have noticed more of lately is drivers on fast dual carriageway stretches roaring up behind an overtaking vehicle be it a car lorry or whatever and flashing them so they move out of the way, had it happen to me as i was overtaking a lorry don’t think i was dawdling at all but the van behind was right up my rear as i was overtaking flashing away my first reaction was to slow down or brake to basically be arsey but i thought better of it and just carried on my way and moved over when past the lorry to see the van fly on past when i had done so. Saw the same type of thing last night happen to a car overtaking me.

As been said i think people do get into their tin box’s and do think they’re untouchable.

If a car decides to brake-test a truck and the trucker is diddling his phone at that moment, then said car driver is going to get killed.

Is the guy going to yell “Yippee!” at all that compensation (that won’t have been won, let alone paid yet) as he goes up the chimney of the nearest crematorium next friday?

This “Compensation Culture” looks more like mass hysteria every damned day now. :unamused:

the maoster:
I can’t honestly remember the last time I was brake checked tbh, but I find it surprising these days with the proliferation of dash cams that people still do it. It’s a dangerous game to play with a 44 tonner who’s driver is confident in his get out of jail free card.

I had it done to me recently whilst at 44t down windy hill. I’ve now installed my own personal dash cam to go along with the company one. As much as I would love to rear end someone who tries it on, you’ll be named on the insurance claim and that does affect your own policy. My insurance on my car went up by £127 for damaging a tail-lift on a company truck.

Well affecting your personal insurance is all right if you’re known to be shall we say ‘accident prone,’ but if you’re generally a decent driver, it’s wrong that you get punished twice. I don’t go round smashing peoples cars up, but when I was on the crane truck many years ago, some git carved me up and I dared blow the horn. He then brake tested me 3 times… well I say 3 times, but it was third time unlucky. I saw red and just kept accelerating, giving his car a bit of a seeing to which is what I intended to do to him when we stopped. He got out of his car, he was twice my size but there must have been a look on my face cos he ran back, got in and ■■■■■■ off. It was a once in a lifetime thing and I’m lucky I wasn’t prosecuted. I told the police exactly what happened and never heard any more of it except for some pushy git from his insurance company that was told to ■■■■ off. And I kept my job.

Well G’dday to that Bruce. Remind me not to leave you a tip - I wouldn’t want you getting the wrong idea! :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Pugwash.jpg

The guy in this vid sounds like from down under… This isn’t you is it? :unamused:

I take it this was the car driver meanwhile, from the description given…

Double Muppeted.jpg

Castillidie:
I once got break checked by a Stobrats driver because I had the audacity to go 50mph through the 50mph average speed cameras!!!
I was in a Clio at the time and the [zb] crawled by me, flashing light and hand signals aplenty then slammed the anchors on nearly squashing me between him and the wagon behind me.
Luckily I anticipated what he was going to do and managed to avoid it.

He was still giving it the big one when I drove buy him further down the road. I was tempted to pull him over and crack him but for the 1 and only time in my life I thought I’d report him instead. Turns out his planner is a mate of mine and the TM took a very dim view of his actions.

I smell bull ■■■