Brake Bros Grantham

Hi all, been offered a class 1 job at Brakes in Grantham, either on earlies or nights. Its salaried so thats a bonus as Im agency at the moment.
Can anyone tell me whats it like, the pros, cons etc…

Do nights get more than days, being salaried is it weekly or monthly pay etc…

many thanks in advance.

sane-scotty:
Its salaried so thats a bonus

Just check that you get the same wage when on holiday as you do when at work!!! I’m salaried and my wage is exactly the same every month whether on holiday or not! (nights out paid extra…as well as weekend work when applicable).

If wage not the same then it’s day rate!

On the up anyway I’ve heard.

dri-diddly-iver:

sane-scotty:
Its salaried so thats a bonus

Just check that you get the same wage when on holiday as you do when at work!!! I’m salaried and my wage is exactly the same every month whether on holiday or not! (nights out paid extra…as well as weekend work when applicable).

If wage not the same then it’s day rate!

They do nights out?

From what I been told everyone is on a good wage there just wish they would unload quicker!

I’ve got a mate working there, been there for more than 10 yrs I reckon, says he has to put up with more BS there than most companies.
He knows the regs inside out and isn’t afraid to speak his mind, they keep sending him in for disciplinary’s but he comes out ahead every time.
Can’t be too bad of a job else he would have quit by now.

I worked for them for 2 years part time on Class 1 trunking - easy job - I was a trip rate driver at £120 / day job and finish. Easiest work i have ever done - left only as my mum was really ill. Trying to get back but no vacancies at teh Ripon dept.

I work for them in the south west, and yes if you are on a salary your wage will be the same every month, even if you are on holiday for a week.

I do class 2 multidrop which is hard graft, but the artic work is a piece of cake.

The money is good mate, and to be honest it aint a bad firm to work for.

good luck in your decision mate. :slight_smile: