Bradford hauliers

Photo from FB, poor quality but remember the lorry well. Les.

les-p:

Great photo Les

H.Baker Volvo.

clip h baker volvo1 ppg.PNG

clip h baker volvo ppg p bradford.PNG

DEANB:
H.Baker Volvo.

My brother drove that for a while on UK work Dean he had a F88 with chrome grille before it. The F12 got written off on a night trunk on the A65 .

ramone:

les-p:

Great photo Les

Found another one of Leathers on the net. One of you Bradford lads can maybe even recognise the driver?

Regards John.

old 67:

ramone:

les-p:

Great photo Les

Found another one of Leathers on the net. One of you Bradford lads can maybe even recognise the driver?

Regards John.

Thanks for the photo John, remember the wagon very well but not the driver. Les.

Have we had this one before, NMP, found on the net

Regards John.

some fantastic photos

Bakers keep turning up, NMP, Les.

les-p:
Bakers keep turning up, NMP, Les.

Great photos Les

Another two, NMP. Les

les-p:
Another two, NMP. Les

Another 2 great photos Les , that F86 nosing in the trailer was common site i would think around our way where access was for horse n carts.

ramone:

les-p:
Another two, NMP. Les

Another 2 great photos Les , that F86 nosing in the trailer was common site i would think around our way where access was for horse n carts.

Did you ever have a go pushing or reversing one, the bit i had driven them i was useless, do you remember the 2 Sed-Atki 6 wheeler’s and the ERF 4 wheeler and trailers we had at Doulton Tempered Glass, luckily i only did holiday relief on them, as you say a lot of the mills were built for horse and carts, never had a problem with artic’s, never did wool on a wagon and drag, the drivers that did were masters at it.
Another Bakers, NMP, Les.

les-p:

ramone:

les-p:
Another two, NMP. Les

Did you ever have a go pushing or reversing one, the bit i had driven them i was useless, do you remember the 2 Sed-Atki 6 wheeler’s and the ERF 4 wheeler and trailers we had at Doulton Tempered Glass, luckily i only did holiday relief on them, as you say a lot of the mills were built for horse and carts, never had a problem with artic’s, never did wool on a wagon and drag, the drivers that did were masters at it.
Another Bakers, NMP, Les.

Ive only ever driven 1 Les and that was for a few hours 1 morning. My dad said he could nose his in with ease but reversing was a different game in some of those mills around bradford with cobbles and horse n cart entrances . That Bakers motor looks well but i dont recognise the driver

A couple to keep the thread going, NMP. Les.

les-p:
A couple to keep the thread going, NMP. Les.

Here are some more of GC Morleys for you:

Come on, own up, which one of you Bradford lads annoyed the neighbours by calling home in this ? :smiley:

Regards John.

old 67:
Come on, own up, which one of you Bradford lads annoyed the neighbours by calling home in this ? :smiley:

Regards John.

Hi John i can own up to that one not that lorry though, an artic 4 high of wool, called home for a quick bite and a shower before setting of again, hadn’t been in the house five minutes before the doorbell rings, its the guy that lives 3 doors up can you move the wagon iv’e had to put the lights on in the house, and another classic is, cant you park it outside your own house, reply which bit. Les.

A few from the wool days. NMP. Les.