BRACKMILLS HAULAGE

this is the truck i drive

Nice outfit, good ol trailers them Nooteboom’s, we had a slightly older one than that, a 91, that used to extend in the bed aswell. Always thought that the Nooteboom manuvered better than the KING, had better lock. The best trailer ive ever used was an ex- Bent Marshall rear steer, home built by them out of an old king hydro, it was such a good trailer for getting in tight jobs coz the whole rear bogie steered independent to the trailer like alot of the older rear steer’s. What you lost in deck space you gained in versertility!! It was only a tandem, but built to move alot of weight as it was pre-STGO. It still gets occasional use today when a tght job arises.

nice truck, do you have any more and any older ones or other ones from the fleet at all?

440hp■■? Is that not a little under powered for that work? Nice lookin motor.

MR VAIN:

Its not all about power at that weight, its more about the gearing. Because of the higher weights and lower speeds 600+ bhp of hill-flatening power isnt alway’s needed, when your only doing 35-40 mph at 80ton at the start of a motorway incline you wont climb it in top anyway!
We used to do 80 ton with F12 385’s and had 1 plated had 150, but they were geared low to do the job. More power is alway’s nice, but with that power come’s alot more torque, and unless your lucky enough to have a torque-converter, its somtimes hard feeding all that grunt to the back end without ‘twanging’ drive-shaft’s! We were alway’s comfortable with 350 to 500 bhp, anything more than that just seemed to be wasted :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink:
Reguard’s Chris.

MR VAIN:

UNDER POWERD ya been in to many scanias mate :laughing: she pulls like a train @ 70t+ even passing 44t up between jnc 23-22 M1

BIGGSAM:

MR VAIN:

UNDER POWERD ya been in to many scanias mate :laughing: she pulls like a train @ 70t+ even passing 44t up between jnc 23-22 M1

Fair enough, excuse my ignorance. To be honest i don’t believe in big horse power. My 420 chipped to 500 is more than adequate for 44t work. Thanks for the impromptu lesson.

MR VAIN:

BIGGSAM:

MR VAIN:

Fair enough, excuse my ignorance. To be honest i don’t believe in big horse power. My 420 chipped to 500 is more than adequate for 44t work. Thanks for the impromptu lesson.

:laughing: only jokein bud every MAN :unamused: to his own eh
jokeing aside now yea its a 440 with I-shift and its very well matched to the job only one ting is the boss could of done a bit better tho by buying a 100ton unit cus when you start putting a 50 ton machine (MAX load gross is 80 ton its 29 ton mt :open_mouth: ) on the bed she do know its there