BP (Wild Bean Cafe) or Shell (Costa)?

Hi all, I just thought id post a light hearted topic about your favourite stops, rest areas etc? Being an ex van driver for 9 years you get to know your way round lol :wink:

Well I favour BP latte’s over Shell (Costa) any day, much better value with a bacon baguette or something else, and you get nectar points which add up nicely. Shell points aren’t as good as they used to be, especially fuel wise. And at bp I sometimes get a free latte anyway, depends who serves me lol :sunglasses:

There are many variants, truck stops, good ol’ burgervans as well. Feel free to comment and add your say :slight_smile:

Cheers

D 'Bear

Best way to judge it is not as a latte. Judge it as an Americano and get a taste for the coffee.

£££ wise it’s got to be BP but unfortunately Wild Bean tastes like microwaved dug ■■■!

Costa more £££ but ultimately a better blend.

We no longer have a shell fuel card so it’s bp wild bean for me.

As you say, nectar points add up better than she’ll points. Ex
Especially sometimes as they ask for my card after I’ve put 250 litres of diesel in the truck as well!

Never had a problem with a cappuccino from there. Not the greatest but good enough.

Costa I’ve found can be very hit and miss, especially if you’re getting it out of a machine rather than over the counter. Had some right horrible drinks out of the machines.

I find the opposite, the Costa machines are far more consistent around the country than the non interested “baristas” in the cafe type places.

Most of the time the machine gives something edible, the “barista” often manages to get coffee grinds in the cup, pours the espresso way to fast so it takes like pish, burns the milk if doing a milky drink and often just makes the wrong thing.

I usually make my own in the morning, on occasion I have to brave a Costa. Starbucks pike place filter is my choice if I have one when out and about, but like I say, Ill make my own proper filter coffee in the morning from freshly ground beans that have been roasted within the last few weeks, not been sat in a store cupboard for a few years.