BP Ross on Wye

So the pumps are slower than that tortoise fellow in that yarn (not to mention Kate’s written off range T from the dodgy ad blue).

The water is freezing as some other geezer was saying about the showers. Trying to wash my hands after toilet in cold water & then the bloody hand drier don’t work either or is too rubbish to try &
work out how to use (Dyson air blade for the win). Usually I don’t say anything & just put it in the book but I flippin told the always nice member of staff (politely) to tell the manager to sort it, if you don’t tell them they wont know.

Hilarious thing for me is all the lads that pay them whatever it is now to stay there the night when they could park over the road in the cattle market with an airfield for room, nice hot showers & a
Diamond of a lady running it.

Spread the word FFS!

Silver_Surfer:
Spread the word FFS!

May be worth spreading the word here eurogarages.com/contact-us/
If it’s the one on the left at the end of the M50

Nice chaps own the firm,
Let us know what response you get to your ‘complaint’

speedyguy:

Silver_Surfer:
Spread the word FFS!

May be worth spreading the word here eurogarages.com/contact-us/
If it’s the one on the left at the end of the M50

Nice chaps own the firm,

Well I don’t really give a toss if they sort it as I would never over night there, I just feel sorry for all the blokes that do.

Trouble is, that old dump that used to be the cattle market cafe got a terrible reputation, deservedly so.

Going to take a while for the new guy till word gets round; drivers have very long memories where crap cafes are concerned.

I usually prefer to go to the cattle market, they cook me what I want, & how I like it cooked, & it’s not expensive, & there’s always a warm welcome there. It has had to ‘turn the tables’ to coin a phrase, after the previous guy who’s reputation wasn’t good. These people who are running the cafe now are trying to increase the popularity of the place.
Bp across the road I sometimes stop at depending on how much time I have. They are always curtious, but the prices are high. The water is hot to wash your hands but the soap is crap & won’t get your hands clean properly. I haven’t used the showers there so I can’t say wether the water is hot or cold. It wasn’t long after the new facilities opened that they were trashed, toilet seats broken off, bog roll strewn everywhere in all directions, that’s happened a few times.

Silver_Surfer:

speedyguy:

Silver_Surfer:
Spread the word FFS!

Well I don’t really give a toss if they sort it as I would never over night there, I just feel sorry for all the blokes that do.

So you make a complaint in the wrong place and then state you “don’t give a toss” about fellow truck driving ‘colleagues’ who may have to use it.

That’s how it sounds to me. I may be wrong though :slight_smile:

It would be interesting to know who keeps trashing these places, Is it their competitors ■■

speedyguy:

Silver_Surfer:

speedyguy:

Silver_Surfer:
Spread the word FFS!

So you make a complaint in the wrong place and then state you “don’t give a toss” about fellow truck driving ‘colleagues’ who may have to use it.

That’s how it sounds to me. I may be wrong though :slight_smile:

It would be interesting to know who keeps trashing these places, Is it their competitors ■■

Yeah, that’s wrong. I can’t even summon the…

Sidevalve:
Trouble is, that old dump that used to be the cattle market cafe got a terrible reputation, deservedly so.

Going to take a while for the new guy till word gets round; drivers have very long memories where crap cafes are concerned.

It ain’t whoever the previous “bloke” running the Ross On Wye Cattle Market Truck Stop was it’s called Jen’s Cafe now, she’s a Legend & the Millionaire bloke who owns the Cattle Market is a Legend too in my book for letting us Working Blokes use his Manor to get a few decent hours kip.

Also, if I find out who the dirty low life, I was going to say HGV DRIVER but he ain’t one us, no way, is, who took a dump in the showers (that poor woman had to clean that up), I ain’t going to do anything about it, I’m going to send my Friend, no Brother, to speak to him, he’s an Honourable Legend & the Hardest Bloke I’ve ever seen on TV & in real life. He scares me & I’m his mate…

I forget to mention his TEAM, I’d need to charter a 747 to get all them Lunatics down there, not a coach.

where is the cattle market ?

bjd:
where is the cattle market ?

If you come from the M50 heading south go past the bp garage to the island, turn right and basically follow your nose mate :smiley: :smiley:

cheers

A lot of lads won’t go down the road as it looks a bit small but it opens up round the corner.

Theres a chalk board on the vosa roundabout saying: “Jen’s cafe, open 24 hours”.

Call into the cattle market for some grub before you pop into the VOSA checkpoint for the toffee hammer treatment :laughing: I can remember the old cattle market cafe, proper ■■■■■■■■■ even the rats gave it a wide birth. They had 2 Alsatian dogs, one had a really bad eye and they had a collection tin on the counter to raise money for an operation to sort his eye out.
Funny thing was it was regular emptied by the owners but the dog still walked around with one good eye, walking into tables chairs and you leg :smiley:

Silver_Surfer:

Sidevalve:

It ain’t whoever the previous “bloke” running the Ross On Wye Cattle Market Truck Stop was it’s called Jen’s Cafe now, she’s a Legend & the Millionaire bloke who owns the Cattle Market is a Legend too in my book for letting us Working Blokes use his Manor to get a few decent hours kip.

I’m quite aware of that, and I agree with your comments. Point I’m making is that many drivers will still be unaware that this is a new enterprise and until they find out different they’ll continue to drive past.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Call into the cattle market for some grub before you pop into the VOSA checkpoint for the toffee hammer treatment :laughing: I can remember the old cattle market cafe, proper [zb], even the rats gave it a wide birth. They had 2 Alsatian dogs, one had a really bad eye and they had a collection tin on the counter to raise money for an operation to sort his eye out.
Funny thing was it was regular emptied by the owners but the dog still walked around with one good eye, walking into tables chairs and you leg :smiley:

Speaking of rats I’ve seen plenty of them over at the back of the bp services , the bins are very often overfull & the rats come out of the scrub land grass at the back.

I haven’t seen any at the cattle market.

bonnie lass:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Call into the cattle market for some grub before you pop into the VOSA checkpoint for the toffee hammer treatment :laughing: I can remember the old cattle market cafe, proper [zb], even the rats gave it a wide birth. They had 2 Alsatian dogs, one had a really bad eye and they had a collection tin on the counter to raise money for an operation to sort his eye out.

Speaking of rats I’ve seen plenty of them over at the back of the bp services , the bins are very often overfull & the rats come out of the scrub land grass at the back.

Have you seen where someone has ■■■■■■■ the guttering on the corner of the services as you exit? Whoever designed the layout wants shooting. If you can only get into them spaces near the exit you have to swing it all way around trying not to it ouwt so you can reverse it in on the drivers side and its tight as foook as well :blush: :unamused:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

bonnie lass:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Have you seen where someone has [zb] the guttering on the corner of the services as you exit? Whoever designed the layout wants shooting. If you can only get into them spaces near the exit you have to swing it all way around trying not to it ouwt so you can reverse it in on the drivers side and its tight as foook as well :blush: :unamused:

it’s not the best of layouts isit lol :laughing: have you seen the bent sign on the right of car fuel pumps parallel to the road side, ( happened a few month back now ), maybe they didn’t agree with the prices!! :confused: :laughing:

Well, I’m in the cattle market tonight and I’m afraid I can’t recommend the food to anyone. First and last time for me.

Rude woman serving with no manners at all, who I heard someone call “Jen” so I guess was the gaffer. Really bad quality food, cooked badly in rancid fat. Was like a trip back to the 1970’s. I’m amazed this is some people’s idea of good food, cant imagine the crap you must eat at home.

I left half my food and I can’t remember the last time I had to do that, to be honest.

Every time I go there I tell them exactly what I want , & exactly how I want it cooked, as I am extremly fussy & do not eat rubbish, or junk or fatty oily c**p. They have never failed me, always had perfect food , & tea exactly how I want it. :smiley: :smiley: