BP rewards card

Does anyone have any info on the BP rewards card.
One of our drivers ( full of ■■■■■■■■ usually hence my question ) reckons get one of these cards then when you fill up your truck they give you so many points on the card and after a while you have enough points on your card to fill up your car.
All sounds a bit to good for me .
Surely your company would have to have some input somewhere as you are using there money / card to fill up your truck in the first place .
Thanks

Easily a must have. I fill our bin wagon up every day and grab the points, always enough for a coffee at the end of the week. Our management couldn’t care less, need to have some perks as a driver…

Happy Trucker1:
Does anyone have any info on the BP rewards card.
One of our drivers ( full of [zb] usually hence my question ) reckons get one of these cards then when you fill up your truck they give you so many points on the card and after a while you have enough points on your card to fill up your car.
All sounds a bit to good for me .
Surely your company would have to have some input somewhere as you are using there money / card to fill up your truck in the first place .
Thanks

I dont think he is talking BS, I think some cards, such as KeyFuel , you cannot, but some cards, BP allow you to use the BP reward card … he might jsut be telling the truth.

Last place worked out we had fuel.uk card used be able to collect clubrd points with it…used get 30 quid a time in Tesco vouchers .

Where I am now we used to have a shell card and again used be able collect shell points.

But now have key fuels.uk.fuels can’t collect any kind of points

Happy trucker1 , your mate is fabricating it a bit mate ! i got a card and had one for a few years , i get a coffee every now and then but that is it ! i check my card later when i fill up to see what i have on there .and i am a owner driver !

I dont know about BP but I know about ESSO.
God, never known so much drama.

Basically ESSO is like a part of Tesco I think?
So you can use your Tesco clubcard when filling the truck up at Esso.
I think you could make close to £150 - £250 in vouchers every 3 months.

I personally didnt care about this. But the other drivers had so many arguments over it. I once made the mistake of filling up someone elses lorry… God, it was like I punched him in the face.
Other drivers would come in extra early just to fill up other peoples lorries. Then those drivers would moan because there lorries had been filled up.

So much drama over some clubcard points.

You earn 1 point for every litre of fuel purchased (or for every £1 you spend in the shop). Points can be redeemed to buy fuel or other goods at the rate of £1 for every 200 points.

You cannot get points if you pay with BP Bunker Plus, UK Fuels or Keyfuels cards. Tobacco, Lottery and some other types of transaction are excluded also.

It’s all explained on their website.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I’ve got a BP card and the app on the phone…set the amount u want to spend, pick the pump number, fill up and confirm the purchase when done…saves going in to join a queue! Better add that it’s only used for the cars, we fill the trucks at our depots

Actrosman:
I’ve got a BP card and the app on the phone…set the amount u want to spend, pick the pump number, fill up and confirm the purchase when done…saves going in to join a queue! Better add that it’s only used for the cars, we fill the trucks at our depots

Fill up at Tesco - Pay At Pump so no queuing and significantly cheaper than any BP garage hereabouts!

Actrosman:

I tried and…

Tried to get this app to work at my local BP garage and it just wouldn’t have it.

After Natwest alerted me to a possible hack on my account (which was due to the app being not working correctly) I un-installed it.

Pity really, the convenience is plain to see.

The techonology should be phased in to bunker fuel/fleet cards.

Roymondo:

Actrosman:

Fill up at Tesco - Pay At Pump so no queuing and significantly cheaper than any BP garage hereabouts!

Dunno why but my car runs rough on supermarket diesel but most of our garages around here are BP so it’s more of a convenience really

I got airmiles with Euroshell and it paid for two return flights to New York with accommodation

Esso now give Nectar points

yourhavingalarf:

Actrosman:

I tried and…

Tried to get this app to work at my local BP garage and it just wouldn’t have it.

After Natwest alerted me to a possible hack on my account (which was due to the app being not working correctly) I un-installed it.

Pity really, the convenience is plain to see.

The techonology should be phased in to bunker fuel/fleet cards.

I had problems with the Shell Loyalty App. Set it up for Pay-at-Pump and went to local Shell station. Chose required pump number, set a max of £50 and filled up. Expected to see an electronic “receipt” in the App but saw nothing so went into shop to query (so much for avoiding queues etc!). They assured me it had gone through and that I would receive the e-receipt in due course, so off I went. Never did see any receipt. Went to same garage a week or so later and filled up again. Same happened - no receipt.

Later checked back through my online bank statements and saw that I had never been charged for either fill-up! Called Shell customer service and was advised that the transactions were still shown as outstanding and that I should go back to garage to pay them (good job the garage in question is local…) or risk further action for a “drive off”!! Went to garage, to be told that they had no way of retrieving or taking payment as they had gone through as “online payments”. They couldn’t even tell me how much they were for…

Several emails later Shell came up with actual amounts and dates and I was eventually able to go back to the garage yet again and actually pay for my fuel. Total nightmare all round, with some serious holes in their online processes which, according to the manager at the garage, are routinely exploited by some Eastern Europeans (his words, not mine) to evade payment altogether.

The BP rewards are dependant on which fuel card issuer you have. Key Fuels will not earn you the money, one of the BP branded cards will and the other may not (can’t remember but one gave Nectar whereas other didn’t.

I save them up and convert them to Amazon vouchers.

I think the app can be used with a fuel card but needs the OK from the financial department but I seem to recall it will only do £100 per fill up. That’s a shame as my local BP has a very slow set of pumps and a large simply M&S that usually has one cashier taking money and one making coffees and heating up sausage rolls etc.

Being able to pay via phone and bypass the shop would be good.

The shell points were capped at a maximum amount per month last time I used it and they kept cutting the reward rate so I gave up with it. The BP system often dishes out double or triple points on your next fill up or a bonus ■■■ points so they can stack up very well. It’s the most beneficial system I’ve seen since being a driver, except for the Pizza Express promo about 8 years ago where I had so many free pizza vouchers the family got fed up with going!

Depends on the terms the company have agreed with the fuel card supplier, ours don’t allow any reward points. We use BP cards.

Also F*** BP.
The most overpriced petrol station forecourt out there.
Theor food and drink prices are frankly crazy.

biggriffin:
Depends on the terms the company have agreed with the fuel card supplier, ours don’t allow any reward points. We use BP cards.

I don’t think there’s any negotiation/agreement involved - If you have BP “Bunker Plus” cards (which the vast majority of lorry fleets will use) then you don’t get Rewards, if you have BP “Plus” cards (which are normally used by car and van fleets) then you do get Rewards. Simple as that. If you have Keyfuels or UK Fuels cards, then again you don’t get Rewards.

adam277:
Also F*** BP.
The most overpriced petrol station forecourt out there.
Theor food and drink prices are frankly crazy.

TBH, anyone who regularly buys food and drink from any branded petrol station forecourt is either crazy, lazy or has money to burn (OK - they may simply be terminally disorganised).

8wheels:
The BP rewards are dependant on which fuel card issuer you have. Key Fuels will not earn you the money, one of the BP branded cards will and the other may not (can’t remember but one gave Nectar whereas other didn’t.

I save them up and convert them to Amazon vouchers.

I think the app can be used with a fuel card but needs the OK from the financial department but I seem to recall it will only do £100 per fill up. That’s a shame as my local BP has a very slow set of pumps and a large simply M&S that usually has one cashier taking money and one making coffees and heating up sausage rolls etc.

Being able to pay via phone and bypass the shop would be good.

The shell points were capped at a maximum amount per month last time I used it and they kept cutting the reward rate so I gave up with it. The BP system often dishes out double or triple points on your next fill up or a bonus ■■■ points so they can stack up very well. It’s the most beneficial system I’ve seen since being a driver, except for the Pizza Express promo about 8 years ago where I had so many free pizza vouchers the family got fed up with going!

We have BP Bunker cards, no you don’t get any reward points, if you use the BP app, we can use our Bunker cards on the App, the limit is 999 litres of fuel we can put in, with our company credit card, that does have a £100 limit on the app, which is down to BP, as I understand it you have a CC card on the app, it automatically takes £100 at the pump and refunds what you don’t use a few days later, not something I’m over keen on.

Roymondo:

biggriffin:

I don’t think there’s any negotiation/agreement involved - If you have BP “Bunker Plus” cards (which the vast majority of lorry fleets will use) then you don’t get Rewards, if you have BP “Plus” cards (which are normally used by car and van fleets) then you do get Rewards. Simple as that. If you have Keyfuels or UK Fuels cards, then again you don’t get Rewards.

So hopefully I can use this to collect points then?