BP Fuel Card - Use in Shell at Hopwood

I’ve just found out I can use my BP fuel card at Hopwood Services on the M42 which is a Shell station. As I pass by once a week it will save a 40 minute round trip to the station I normally use in Birmingham.

Does this apply at all motorway service stations which are Shell, or even another brand, or is it a one off?

Pretty sure it’s specific to that site - There is a BP branded pump on the forecourt.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

Your right

I checked with them last night when I went in. It’s a legacy of the fact they used to be BP. You can use any of the HGV pumps and they have a separate BP card machine.

I was told by a BP garage I used to fill the van up that we should be able to use the BP card at any Euro garages forecourt and most of them seem to be Shell that I see, so in theory I should be able to use the BP card at J29A as thats a Euro garages but shell. I did think it was a little odd when they said it. Seems it might be true or it may only be those that have a BP branded pump as has been said.

simcor:
I was told by a BP garage I used to fill the van up that we should be able to use the BP card at any Euro garages forecourt and most of them seem to be Shell that I see, so in theory I should be able to use the BP card at J29A as thats a Euro garages but shell. I did think it was a little odd when they said it. Seems it might be true or it may only be those that have a BP branded pump as has been said.

It’s worth remembering that there are different types of BP fuel card. Some are only usable at BP sites.