BP Felixstowe.

Well, got back to the yard today and was presented with a parking invoice for said dump, £300 penalty for breach of parking rules, reduced to £185 if paid within 28 days.
Boss says I will have to pay it, well checked the date of the incident and photos that accompanied said invoice, and told him that it was not me that parked my wagon there on that day, his reply was, it’s your truck.
I know I had a week off around that date, so went back to the truck card in scroll down to the date in question do print out 24 hrs rest showing.
So someone else is in for a surprise lol.
Just a warning don’t breach their parking rules, no one is safe.
Do think £300 is so excessive, it wouldn’t even stand up in court which is what they are threatening for non payment.
On being presented with this, it shows digital tachos do have there uses!

tell whoever gets it not to pay their speculative “invoice”

It’s a ■■■■ state of affairs tbh. Bidwells act as the agent for Trinity college, afaik. They, in turn, use a firm of ■■■■■ in brand new VW vans equipped with cameras and I’m told mic’s, to prowl around, not just the bp but the entire dock “estate”. The only place you’re safe from the ■■■■■ is on the 2 spur roads leading to the 2 dock gates and Walton avenue which joins the 2 roads.
Added to this there are umpteen CCTV masts around the estate which are controlled from their " batcave" located in Pentalvers main yard near the Maritime yard fence.

As to legitimacy, “my mate” has had several run ins with them. The last time cost him his job. The letter he got through from said agent basically banned him from every road and yard on the estate FFS.

It’s extortion in its simplest form and SFA to do with parking.

Absolute ■■■■■■■■

Goaty:
It’s a [zb] state of affairs tbh. Bidwells act as the agent for Trinity college, afaik. They, in turn, use a firm of [zb] in brand new VW vans equipped with cameras and I’m told mic’s, to prowl around, not just the bp but the entire dock “estate”. The only place you’re safe from the [zb] is on the 2 spur roads leading to the 2 dock gates and Walton avenue which joins the 2 roads.
Added to this there are umpteen CCTV masts around the estate which are controlled from their " batcave" located in Pentalvers main yard near the Maritime yard fence.

As to legitimacy, “my mate” has had several run ins with them. The last time cost him his job. The letter he got through from said agent basically banned him from every road and yard on the estate FFS.

Absolute [zb].

How are they going to enforce that then? I really don’t understand this, are the Roads ‘private property’?
As for the ‘fine’, have a look at MSE’s site, it’s an ‘invoice’, you don’t have to pay an invoice…

Use one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Shredder-Handheld-Battery-Operated/dp/B003K191E2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1367661738&sr=8-8&keywords=mini+shredder

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Goaty:
It’s a [zb] state of affairs tbh. Bidwells act as the agent for Trinity college, afaik. They, in turn, use a firm of [zb] in brand new VW vans equipped with cameras and I’m told mic’s, to prowl around, not just the bp but the entire dock “estate”. The only place you’re safe from the [zb] is on the 2 spur roads leading to the 2 dock gates and Walton avenue which joins the 2 roads.

Absolute [zb].

Had many a run in with these parasites that plague felixstowe an also ransomes euro park in ipswich, the firm i work for is based on ransomes an he often waves an smiles as i go past him to which i shake my head an give him a 1 finger salute, absolute scum used to be a lot worse down there when they could clamp you

Yorkysays:-:

Goaty:

Absolute [zb].

How are they going to enforce that then? I really don’t understand this, are the Roads ‘private property’?
As for the ‘fine’, have a look at MSE’s site, it’s an ‘invoice’, you don’t have to pay an invoice…

Ive seen them block one of joda`s trucks in at denholm not because that driver was at fault but they had an invoice unpaid from another lorry an basically stopped him from moving till this was paid

DO NOT PAY THEM ONE PENNY , only the council and the police have more power to get the money, ignore the bit where they mention court, that is rubbish, nobody pays the fine when they get an “invoice” from a MSA, they chuck in the bin or “file” it in the “filing” department at your bosses office.

Slim79:

Yorkysays:-:

Goaty:

Absolute [zb].

Ive seen them block one of joda`s trucks in at denholm not because that driver was at fault but they had an invoice unpaid from another lorry an basically stopped him from moving till this was paid

A call to the police would have had them scum arrested for obstruction.

My “mate” checked it with the council. They are indeed private roads. As I said, only the 2 approach roads to the port and Walton avenue aren’t under their beady little eyes.
■■■■■■ but true.

The firm he worked for at the time had a yard in Fxt. Guess who the landlord is? They refused to back him as they were told this woe go against them on renewal.

Corrupt? Not much…

Goaty:
My “mate” checked it with the council. They are indeed private roads. As I said, only the 2 approach roads to the port and Walton avenue aren’t under their beady little eyes.
[zb], but true.

The firm he worked for at the time had a yard in Fxt. Guess who the landlord is? They refused to back him as they were told this woe go against them on renewal.

Corrupt? Not much…

Isn’t most of Felixstowe owned by Cambridge University, including the land the docks sit on?

Afaik, yes. Trinity College, Cambridge. Which I believe is tied into/owned by God himself, well the Church of England anyway.

Bidwells act as Agents for TC in Fxt, who in turn have contracted ■■■■ Turpin and co to “Manage traffic flow”.

Hi viz, shaved head and tatoos obviously C of E’s new corporate look.

Our depots on Dooley rd. One of our drivers weighed a box in Denholms then pulled up outside our gate to run the weighbridge ticket in… 3 weeks later parking fine and photo from the cctv in his wage slip he left soon after refusing to pay the fine Around £300 iirc. I’m forever warning drivers parked on the kerb making a phonecall or checking the map it’s murder round there :unamused: