BP Felixstowe, where the fuck do we park now?

As it say’s above.

From the 5th of October BP have seen fit to engage the services of some toe rag in a white van to clamp vehicles that are not parked in one of only 16 (or 17) slots, or haven’t paid.

For those such as myself that use it on a regular basis this is going to be a pain in the arse as there are no alternative parking spots at Britains Premier Port. :imp: :imp:

MMTM ( :unamused: ) the intention is to redevelop the site. But when and how much will this sting us for ?

Up until now there has been no payment for the pathetic facilities there, rightly ■■■■■■■ so.

Sadly I fear this will have a catastrophic effect on the "cafe"s trade and maybe even see the demise of a valuable (and only) eatery. :imp: :imp:

what about the fuel station inside the port?

or behind the cop shop, you can still park there as far as i know :smiley:

i know, it is already one of the busiest places and it ■■■■■, but, thankfully, i don’t go there that often :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

shuttlespanker:
what about the fuel station inside the port?

or behind the cop shop, you can still park there as far as i know :smiley:

i know, it is already one of the busiest places and it ■■■■■, but, thankfully, i don’t go there that often :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t think the boss at the Repsol is that keen on you taking a 45 on his “forecourt”, Rob. :wink:

As for the parking area next to the Nick, I must admit I don’t use it very often (bad nerves I reckon) but it’s inside the port, which requires a gate pass to get out of afterwards and if you have a box/trailer thats going into, for example, an empty yard this is an added balls ache.

You can’t even park near to Trinity “Drivers Canteen” any more without getting a bollocking from the boys in Black !

You can get a few wagons (about 20) between the police station and the seaman’s mission in the port.

The seaman’s mission won’t let drivers use the bar though, because we are scum, apparently.

Same place, Enit.

It’s ok if you’re eating in house but there’s no catering, showers or bogs !

Where do we park now? All 17 of you !! :smiley: Park round by 86 berth (is it) by the Police station. You can also stop over in the holding area at Trinity. And the gaffer from Orwell truckstop was reckoning he wasn’t getting full recently. Every time i’ve been to the BP @Felix there has been plenty of unacompanied trailers parked in bays. Place was a right kip.

Parked in Routemasters old park a few times. Didn’t pay. Didn’t see anyone looking to get payed. Slept like a baby, ■■■■■■ me self three times and everything that wasn’t nailed down, I found on the floor outside my window.

Same there too. Clamps R us are lurking under every stone.

i know its a few mile out but i regulary park at martlesham near the bt tower

I should expand a bit on the OP.

The BP, scabby as it’s become in recent years, is just about the only place to park, legally and relatively securely. Sat down, table & chairs, wth knife and fork, to eat a hot meal. In other words, a Cafe.
In recent years it’s become more of an institution than a mere portacabin.
Without getting sentimental about the whole subject, it is in short a central part of many drivers day. Breakfast, dinner, tea or just a brew before running out for the night.
It’s a perfect microcosym of the UK as a whole in terms of the deterioration of parking for Wagons.

Having spent a lot of my driving “career” pulling loads of various shapes and sizes out of Britains Premier Port, I know all of the parking areas in and out of the port area. The only place to actually get a hot meal, unless you’re self catering, is the BP.
This is really my main greivance.
As I’ve already said, the “Routey” is now closed and resembles the Hotel Sarajevo.
Trinity Canteen is open but the foods crap and to my knowledge you cannot park there any more.
The Orwell Crossing is a good facility (I use it as my Operating Centre) but it’s 9 miles from the Port and a balls ache to pull in if you only want a quick pitstop.

I must admit, after rereading the whole post I do sound like a whinging prat :open_mouth: but it’s something I feel strongly about. :grimacing:

cut the clamp off.
kidnap the clamper, and lock the scum in a container.

I know what your saying here goaty but the trouble with the BP has become pull in an abandon it where you like sooner or later this was going to have to stop. Coz the parking men lurk everywhere around fxt now. It would help though if people like f l s got a yard somewhere intead of taking up space at the cafe. But as you say the only half decent place left to go eat and catch up on the gossip.
Britains premier port ha ha the words ■■■■ up and brewery come to mind.

bet a lot of the laybys in the town will get full with lorrys soon…including the car park near the garden lots and stables…

Had a look yesterday at the notices and by the seems of it you have to pay £5 to park at night and register with garage for daytime parking or for contract parking(Assume this means trucks which park every day/night) It has a note on each pump btw…
The other notices are a bit high from the grounda few are 6feet high some higher.(Maybe illegal signage??)Couldnt read the ones i saw if they clamp you or just a fine.if a fine remember its just a cival case…if you get clamped no problem if i am around …Have geny and grinder for a grand fee of a drink…

jayeastanglia:
Had a look yesterday at the notices and by the seems of it you have to pay £5 to park at night and register with garage for daytime parking or for contract parking(Assume this means trucks which park every day/night) It has a note on each pump btw…
The other notices are a bit high from the grounda few are 6feet high some higher.(Maybe illegal signage??)Couldnt read the ones i saw if they clamp you or just a fine.if a fine remember its just a cival case…if you get clamped no problem if i am around …Have geny and grinder for a grand fee of a drink…

Watch this space, Jay. I’ve got a feeling you’ll be upto your armpits in drinks very soon. :laughing: :laughing:

jayeastanglia:

You ever heard of knutsford services jayeastanglia :question: :question: you’d soon get drunk there :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: