Box Junctions

Evening guys what’s the penalty for stopping in a box junction is it a fine or does it carry points ? thanks fellas

6 years ago in London it was £60 no points - £30 if you paid inside a fortnight :frowning:

No its a £1million fine and 6 days hung upside down by your ■■■■■■■■.

Reduced to 3 days if you hand yourself in.

F-reds:
No its a £1million fine and 6 days hung upside down by your ■■■■■■■■.

Reduced to 3 days if you hand yourself in.

■■■■■ sounds fun

so does anyone no the answer for sure ?

130 quid no points, have had plenty, there is no avoiding it in London at times. If you leave enough room in front of you for the traffic to clear so you can clear the box, every other numpty will cut in front of you and you will sit there all day long. I try to keep it rolling slowly and appeal the PCN based on the fact I am still moving, doesn’t always work.

Cost of doing business in London.

yellowboxjunction.co.uk/Yellow-B … w-says.htm

richardsilver.co.uk/motoring … -offences/
Penalties
Failure to comply with traffic lights, mandatory road signs and markings is an offence. The penalty is 3 points and a fine. In most cases, these offences are dealt with by a Fixed Penalty of 3 points and £100. However, in some cases you could instead be prosecuted for careless driving.

wheelnutt:
130 quid no points, have had plenty, there is no avoiding it in London at times. If you leave enough room in front of you for the traffic to clear so you can clear the box, every other numpty will cut in front of you and you will sit there all day long. I try to keep it rolling slowly and appeal the PCN based on the fact I am still moving, doesn’t always work.

waited for the traffic to clear went pver then the idiots in the out side lane goes but road narrows to one lane so he jumps in front leaving me out on a limb was only in it for a min or so but stoped typical

bjd:

wheelnutt:

waited for the traffic to clear went pver then the idiots in the out side lane goes but road narrows to one lane so he jumps in front leaving me out on a limb was only in it for a min or so but stoped typical

There is no avoiding it, you pay 65 if you pay in 2 weeks or the 130 if your appeal is unsuccesful. They use cameras to enforce it so get the pictures, put in your story and see where it gets you. If you only get the one every so often and don’t come down to London a lot it is probably cheaper just paying the 65 quid.

The ones where it goes from 2 lanes down to one after the junction are the worst as the cars keep cutting in front of you. One way to handle that is to straddle both lanes and just keep all the cars behind you until you can proceed. Box junctions take a bit of planning on our part. You need to know the junctions though so you can plan ahead. If you are new to London or don’t come down here a lot, that isn’t always possible.

cheers chalk in down to experience i supose but its deff only a fine ? cheers

Deffo no points, if you havent gotten the PCN yet, you may get lucky, depending on the position of your unit and trailer. The cameras are usually high up and if you put your unit and trailer just right the camera can’t read your plate especially if your plate holder is deep down below the trailer and they can’t read the plates on your unit wings…

If you did stop for a whole minute there isn’t a lot you can do on the appeal even if you get the video, on initial appeal they may only send you the pictures, that doesn’t do you any good if you kept it rolling so further letters are needed to get the video.

On your next outing, block the cars and try to see if you can spot the camera to position your trailer/unit just right…

If you spend enough time down here it becomes a little bit of a cat and mouse game.

Just another plus of being a driver i suppose that’ life as they say cheers mate