Box junction infringement London

Mate of mine has just rung me in a panic, as he has been snapped in a box junction in London at the end of last month, and wants to know what penalty he can expect. (Pleased I rarely go there. :slight_smile: )

He’s not bothered about the financial side, just if he’ll get points.

Ken.

£100 Fine I think, I’m sure it’s not endorsable as local authority now issue the fines, that’s how I think it works now

not endorsable, cameras are monitored from an office in warrington :unamused: , but it depends on the circumstances, if his exit was clear when he entered for instance some berk in merc took his space he wont hear anything, or if he was turning right, id have thought he would of heard by now tho, i hit the congestion charge by mistake a while back, told the new lad in the office but he didnt say owt to them, fine was there within 6 days :imp:

No points I got snapped so no need to crap himself

£130.00 fine or £65.00 if payed within 14 days of getting letter if done by a council or T F L

If it’s Woburn Place/Euston Road, then it’s the rack, then Tyburn to be hung, drawn, and quartered I’m afraid. :smiling_imp:

You can pay the fine on the phone with the reference number they post to the vehicle owner or do it online.
Phone takes 30 seconds.Robot on the end,computerised.
London boxes are watched live by a chap sat in a control room.

I think i have one box junction fine on the way,last week the day of the tube strike box had cross A3 box J with exit allways full ,could not sit at lights all morning so pulled accross and blocked the road for about 5 minutes,i got a lot of abuse but radio up and head down ,F… EM

toby1234abc:

Yep and if you have taken a reasonable attempt not to block it up then you should be ok?

Because it you wait for a clear exit in a HGV its sometimes never going to happen! how annoying is it when lane 2 car pulls across into lane 1 filling your gap, sometimes you just have to go for it!

on the run:

toby1234abc:

Yep and if you have taken a reasonable attempt not to block it up then you should be ok?

Because it you wait for a clear exit in a HGV its sometimes never going to happen! how annoying is it when lane 2 car pulls across into lane 1 filling your gap, sometimes you just have to go for it!

BOLLOX!

I got a ticket. I was sat at a major X roads, red light, box junction. Light turned green, I started across (very heavy and slow) and a pedestrian pressed the button for the crossing on the other side, that light turned red so I stopped at it, the rear of my trailer was still in the box junction and I received a ticket.

I appealed though because I’m a HGV driver and, although highly skilled, predicting the future isn’t in my skill set, the squashed it for me - this once!! :unamused:

on the run:

toby1234abc:

One of the worst things about driving a truck in London, I don’t remember having the same issue anywhere else but plenty of times in London!! Why can’t they not allow lane changing?

I tend to hog both lanes when approaching a box junction with a double set of traffic lights. That way, if I pull up at pole position at the first set, just before the box, I don’t get some break my windows ■■■■■■ cut across the front of me into the space I was aiming at on the far side, leaving me with my arse sticking out back into the box because I’ve lost a car length from my original space evaluation. Let 'em hoot from behind! The kings of the road still doth decree! :smiling_imp:

on the run:

toby1234abc:

No. The only time I’ve got done for being in a box junction was at the roundabout at the top of the Tyne Tunnel (before they changed it) in exactly the situation you described. Two coppers were stood on the traffic island watching for offenders. I moved into the gap between two hatched areas and waited 5 minutes for the ■■■■■■■■■ in cars to stop so I had enough distance to clear the one in front of me. Just as I started moving forward some ■■■■■■■■ pulled out in front of me and when I stopped I was overhanging a couple of feet.

The very same coppers who were watching everything that went on ticketed me.

Conor:

on the run:

toby1234abc:

No. The only time I’ve got done for being in a box junction was at the roundabout at the top of the Tyne Tunnel (before they changed it) in exactly the situation you described. Two coppers were stood on the traffic island watching for offenders. I moved into the gap between two hatched areas and waited 5 minutes for the [zb] in cars to stop so I had enough distance to clear the one in front of me. Just as I started moving forward some [zb] pulled out in front of me and when I stopped I was overhanging a couple of feet.

The very same coppers who were watching everything that went on ticketed me.

And, of course you appealed?

Surely the form will tell him?

Quinny:
and wants to know what penalty he can expect.

Well either hearing,

Patrick Allen in a menacing echoing voice:
“…WILL BE LIABLE TO A HEAVY FINE!”

or a big hand coming down to pick him up. :laughing:

its a bit of a bastward if you aint sure where you’re going and stick a right turn indicator on then decide its better going straight on :open_mouth:

you would think,sod it,i’d better turn now so i dont get fined down this tight side street.

I never stop moving, regardless of how slow. Beemer drivers pull through lights, but need the space of at least 2 German saloons in front of them while they are on the phone. If I’m rolling, I’m not “stopped” in a box junction. I could back this up with tacho evidence

I got caught out at the notorious Green Lane/North Circular a couple of years ago. The M25 was knackered, M11 the same, so I had very little choice but to use the North Circular along with 10 Million other users.
Went for a gap & it filled up with lane switches before I was out of 1st gear (I’m sure they’re all ex F1 racing drivers, lol) I just crept across the Box at about 0.1 mph, still got stopped with my arse end in the box.
Never heard a thing, unless the office got the PCN & paid it. ! (I wasn’t going to ask them & offer to pay it. Lol)

NOVE:
I never stop moving, regardless of how slow. Beemer drivers pull through lights, but need the space of at least 2 German saloons in front of them while they are on the phone. If I’m rolling, I’m not “stopped” in a box junction. I could back this up with tacho evidence

How does that stand with “you should only enter the box if your exit is clear”?