Bournemouth and Poole today

Well that’s me finally parked up for the night after a delivery in Bournemouth and a collection at Poole docks.

Nothing exciting I hear you say but quite an event for a Scotsman all the way from Carnoustie, furthest south iv ever been in my driving days

There is a big leisure complex outside of Poole.Good bus links or a taxi.
Indian and Chinese restaurants and many more eateries.An International buffet.All you can eat.
Cinema there too.I think it is called Tower park.
Where are you parked.?Maybe walk in to town and have a pint and good meal out.
Cinemas in Bournemouth opposite the theatre.
Plenty of take aways.
Or a long walk along the seafront in the dark.

Come independance we won’t allow that nonsense…border trailer swops here we come :laughing: :laughing:

You’ve no chance of a fish-chip shop taking a Scottish £10 down there.

Lol, they looked at me a bit funny when I handed over a Scottish 20 pound note but accepted it without comment.
Only ever had my Scottish money refused once and that was in South Kirby .

Lol border trailer swaps. Independence won’t happen anyway. Just think of all the lovely scenery and quiet roads you will miss out on .

just dont go into boscombe you will get mugged raped stabbed killed it may happen in that order :laughing:

Ever drink in the Kinloch hotel?

And unless you enjoy THAT SORT OF THING dont park in the lorry park in St Leonards on a31…
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

truckertang:
And unless you enjoy THAT SORT OF THING dont park in the lorry park in St Leonards on a31…
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

is that talk from experience ? only thing i have experienced as i go past theer at night is people drifiting round the roundabout

It will be drifting but into different areas :slight_smile:
it being Dogging central…

And no I dont have any 1st hand experience of it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

well you could not be in a better place, its a shame you did not let us know you were coming we could have advised on all sorts of things to do and places to see. normally on a Tuesday night they have the motorcycles on the quay some times in their hundreds, through the summer Friday nights are car nights each one different, vw, mini, soft tops, all arranged along the waterfront. there is a greyhound and speedway track in the centre next to the lorry park, all manor of bits and bobs, hope you have a good night.

And some stunning multi million pound yachts to admire at the Sunseeker factory in Poole.Nice pubs on the quay front.That can get busy midweek.
If around there in the day, there are fishing trips.
Sandbanks is the most expensive land.
Arne bay is a nice place in the summer.Woodland walk to a small beach.Bird watching area.

Nothing exciting I hear you say but quite an event for a Scotsman all the way from Carnoustie, furthest south iv ever been in my driving days

You wont get much further south without getting wet lol

Was down that way myself Monday & today. Overnight in Dorchester, then delivered in Corfe & Bournemouth. Loads of good places to park in that area, Ringwood, Swannage, Poole, Dorchester and others.

finlays-dad:
Lol, they looked at me a bit funny when I handed over a Scottish 20 pound note but accepted it without comment.
Only ever had my Scottish money refused once and that was in South Kirby .

Lol border trailer swaps. Independence won’t happen anyway. Just think of all the lovely scenery and quiet roads you will miss out on .

Did you say mildly agitatedly & in a really strong Scottish accent, “See that there Pal, that’s legal tender that is, do you KEN me?” Please say you said that. :slight_smile:

Aye , u ken like, it was a fair adventure going that far doon.

Got parked up just outside Wimborne Minster for the night which was nice, lovely view down at the docks , blooming cold yesterday though and saying something for a jock.