Bottled it Doh!

if u can manage it , try 2 sound offhand /casual/ busy doing something right now mate , but suppose i could ,if u are desperate! which they are ,trust me a "need a driver right now call is a peech 4 you ,so use it! meantime , award yourself 2 hours on the NAUGHTY STEP 4 your darn impressive honesty!!

Bad Luck mate :frowning: but 10 ot of 10 for honesty :wink: its in the agents hands now have you not had any work offers at all even C jobs as I signed with 4 agents in April for 7.5 ton work and got work from as soon as my referencies came back then passed my C in july was on cat C work the week after passing the test then did my CE on feb 4th and have been told as soon as my licence comes back i will be on easy artic work .to start with . it seems a long time with any agent from March till now with no work even 7.5 and cat C …do you phone them on a regular basis just to jog their memories that you are available … :smiley:

YAMBOL57:
have you not had any work offers at all …

I would hope he has as it’s been 8 months since the OP. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

What is it with these thread resurrections over the last couple of days :unamused: :unamused:

dar1976:
What is it with these thread resurrections over the last couple of days :unamused: :unamused:

That a very good question. :wink:

:bulb: Some of the resurrections date back to 2004, so there’s very little point in resurrecting a lot of posts from that era due to changes in legislation.

From the little bit I know about agencies, it is just to say, “Yes. I am on my way” and bang the phone down. Ignore any more calls until you get to the client, if they then decide you are not up to the job or that your ink is still sticky, you may still get paid for turning up, you may even get a full shift on a smaller lorry.

But answering the phone at home and hesitating will only do one thing, it will prevent another agency getting through :wink:

Accept it, you are only a number, eventually your number will be at the top of a list.

dieseldave:

dar1976:

That a very good question. :wink:

:bulb: Some of the resurrections date back to 2004, so there’s very little point in resurrecting a lot of posts from that era due to changes in legislation.

As far as I can see it’s the same person resurrecting most of them :unamused:

Having passed my class 1 at the end of March, I managed to get signed up to 5 agencies who would take noobies without experience. I was told If they did get me some work it would be smaller stuff until I gained experience.

Have not heard a peep from any of these agencies since that time until yesterday afternoon 4.00pm when the phone rings.

“Hello it’s the agency here, we have a class 1 job, you have a class 1 licence don’t you”.

“Errr yes I do” (Brain starts painting class 1 nooby horror stories, too much time on truck forums) :laughing:

“Are you available just now to do a run”

“Errr yes, I don’t have anything on at the moment”.

“Oh thats great”

“You do know I don’t have much experience in class 1”. (Inwardly ■■■■■■■■ myself).

“Oh, ok hold on” (phone goes muffled, muted conversation in background).

“It’s ok I think we’ve got it covered, I’ll ring you back if we need you, cheers now”. (CLICK). :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

DOH :exclamation: :angry: :cry:

One thinks you may need something to pull that bullet from out of your foot that you just shot!! Only one way to learn and that’s to give it a go.

Bet you don’t hesitate next time!!

Bad luck, thanks for puttin it on the board though good advice for all us other noobs tryin to get a foot in, spose thats what they call duckin n divin huh !! :unamused:

Next time you get a call try not to emphasise your inexperience, they know you are new to the game anyway. Just say yes I’m ready to go and go for it :sunglasses: