Bored, help if poss

Been driving for a while now, done most things apart from tankers, really want a change in scenery from England, can anyone help in telling me what companies go across to Europe? Or even Ireland frequently? I live by Liverpool, got me adr, currently self employed and just fancy getting on the ferry’s etc any names would be appreciated
Cheers

Got any experience of driving abroad, even if its just in a car? If not then I’d take a week or two out and go on a bit of a road trip. The way things are done over there whilst not the hardest to get used to are different to over here. For example in France there’s no speed limit signs when you go into a town denoting the change of speed limit, its done by the town name sign.

mike99:
Been driving for a while now, done most things apart from tankers, really want a change in scenery from England, can anyone help in telling me what companies go across to Europe?

Eastern European companies. :wink:

Goggin’s, McBurney and possibly Abbey Logistics have depots in Liverpool and might get you on a ferry to Ireland.

You could try the normal Irish companies, I’m sure somebody will tell you the names.
If you don’t mind being away for long periods, there are the concert and events companies,
Trans Am
Fly by Nite
Conference Haul
Brian Yeadley
EM Rogers seem to head to Italy and they have a car side that goes everywhere.
Eddie Stobart for F1 work, I think that’s based Warrington.
They’re working for Williams, Mercedes, FOM and Pirelli. Expect to do more than just driving, there is a fair bit of graft in setting up packing down all kit has to be cleaned and polished and the Pirelli drivers double up as tyres fitters.

I don’t think there is any real need to drive your car round Europe first, you soon pick up whats needed and there is the Euro Forum for help and advice. :wink:

No where near as many UK firms going over as there once was, but there’s still a few around. If you’re happy to do a couple of weeks away, then maybe look further afield for companies? (One short weekend away, then a full one at home?)
And some companies may be happy to have you as an out based driver?
I’d agree that good UK experience will set you up for EU work. But EU car driving can’t do any harm.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

muckles:
You could try the normal Irish companies, I’m sure somebody will tell you the names.
If you don’t mind being away for long periods, there are the concert and events companies,
Trans Am
Fly by Nite
Conference Haul
Brian Yeadley
They’re working for Williams, Mercedes, FOM and Pirelli. Expect to do more than just driving, there is a fair bit of graft in setting up packing down all kit has to be cleaned and polished and the Pirelli drivers double up as tyres fitters.

I don’t think there is any real need to drive your car round Europe first, you soon pick up whats needed and there is the Euro Forum for help and advice. :wink:

Other event companies are available! :wink:

If your bored in England then you’ll definatly be bored in Ireland .

mike99:
really want a change in scenery from England

Its what i wanted 25 years ago and ended up not returning. Good luck in finding something mate :wink:

Pack a bag, jump on the boat to Ireland and go and knock some doors. There plenty of Irish hauliers who run around Europe. You won’t get bored driving for an Irish firm you’ll be too busy keeping her lit :wink:.

bigvern1:

muckles:
Trans Am
Fly by Nite
Conference Haul
Brian Yeadley

:laughing: I’m sure there are many big and small, just not really my area of expertise. :laughing:

Other event companies are available! :wink:

[quote=“harrawaffa” You won’t get bored driving for an Irish firm you’ll be too busy keeping her lit :wink:.[/quote]
Tarrants are the first ones to spring to mind there… :grimacing:

harrawaffa:
Pack a bag, jump on the boat to Ireland and go and knock some doors. There plenty of Irish hauliers who run around Europe. You won’t get bored driving for an Irish firm you’ll be too busy keeping her lit :wink:.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you will also have the equivalent qualifications as a phd in tachograph laws within 6 months and know every rule there is to know.
if on the other hand you dont know them by then,you will be skint from the fines ad its back to plobbing in the uk for you.
go to the docks and read the names on the trailers.make the calls and job done.
if you contact the right ( or possibly wrong companies depending on your outlook to rules) they you might find they will just oblige you by shipping out an unacompanied runner for you to start in,or at least let someone hand over the kit when there heading home.
get a start,wing it as you go,and its a doddle and you will never want to chug down the m6 again,or at least not for a good while.
once your doing the job,then just interrogate someone on the boat for a better job and jump ship .
irish work is good for a change of scenery with little interruptions unlike the uk.theres a basic lack of speed cameras and mostly nobody cares about speeding.
you will never get done for doing 56mph on a decent 40mph road unless you carve the guards up somewhere.
8 hours on the birkenhead ferry and your back in the twilight zone. :open_mouth:

noonetransport.com

These are/were after drivers.

Off the top of my head I think it was 8 weeks on 3 weeks off. (May have been 6 weeks on - can’t recall exactly). It was the 3 weeks off bit that caught my eye.

No idea about t’s & c’s or if they are any good.

Cheers for the replies, advice took on board, I did drive to spa for the f1 in a car the other year from wirral was decent soon got hang of it obviously different in car, still good experience tho. Cheers