Borderline illegal or very much legal?

Was driving down a busy single carriageway A road yesterday the A142 between ely and newmarket in my truck at 402 mph when in the distance I could see something fairly small with its hazards on. So eased off the accelerator and as I got closer and prepared to overtake I saw what it was…… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It was one of those motorized mobility scooters, yes I know they are legal on the road but it’s what she was doing while driving it that caught my attention :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .

Travelling at no more than 5mph with one hand she was pushing along a collapsed metal wheel chair and with the other hand had a black Labrador on a lead who looked like it wanted to run faster :exclamation: .

Would the cops pull her over or not :question: :question: I did think for about 00000.000000001 second about letting them know but thought what would be the point as by the time they got there she’d be gone and the operator would never believe me anyway :unamused: :unamused: .

Now I’ve checked the highway code and in no part does it specifically say you cant do that but just wondered if what she was doing was borderline illegal :question: :question:

cheers

Cruise Control:
Was driving down a busy single carriageway A road yesterday the A142 between ely and newmarket in my truck at 402 mph

DEFFO ILLEGAL

402 mph when in the distance I could see something fairly small with its hazards on. So eased off the accelerator and as I got closer and prepared to overtake I saw what it was……

You would of killed her lol

if you rang it in, traffic would come out and she would be stopped and spoken to

can’t see a problem with what she was doing. you saw her, and that’s all that matters.

illegal!!!

Mobility scooters are not allowed on the road unless crossing it or passing an obstruction

shuttlespanker:
illegal!!!

Mobility scooters are not allowed on the road unless crossing it or passing an obstruction

:confused: :confused: i thought they could if insured etc etc :question: :question: stand to be corrected though. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cruise Control:

shuttlespanker:
illegal!!!

:confused: :confused: i thought they could if insured etc etc :question: :question: stand to be corrected though. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

when my mother got her first mobility scooter, she was told tha it was not allowed on a road unless passing an obstruction or crossing the road

HIGHWAY CODE - Rules for users of powered wheelchairs and mobility scooters

Class 3 vehicles are those with an upper speed limit of 8 mph (12 km/h) and are equipped to be used on the road as well as the pavement.

ROG:

Class 3 vehicles are those with an upper speed limit of 8 mph (12 km/h) and are equipped to be used on the road as well as the pavement.

DieselDave it would be really good timing for you to post that SUPER ROG pic right now :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

So she’s got a class 3 licence to drive a 16 tonner too??.Sxxxt I forgot again this is the 21’st century.Anyway I’ve been thinking about why don’t they bring back petrol engines in trucks and run them on LPG?.A supercharged merlin might even beat that 402 mph.

Cruise Control:
DieselDave it would be really good timing for you to post that SUPER ROG pic right now :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

Here we go mate:

:open_mouth: … but, some folks might have an alternative point of view, so in the interests of fairness and balance:
Why not check out ROG’s new alternative avatar: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

There are different classes of mobility scooter or carriage,I often encounter one onthe A822 I wonder why it doesnt burn out or run out of charge as he does a 7 mile round trip.Heard on a radio phone in about a blind lady doing 12 mph in one and her poor guide dog struggled to keep up.I pmsld but not funny really.

There’s a local guy round her that has a mobility scooter with number plates and full set of lights!

bestbooties:
There’s a local guy round her that has a mobility scooter with number plates and full set of lights!

Dont tell me ............. hes got a huge Kelsa light bar fitted too…

Cruise Control:
Was driving down a busy single carriageway A road yesterday the A142 between ely and newmarket in my truck at 402 mph when in the distance I could see something fairly small with its hazards on. So eased off the accelerator and as I got closer and prepared to overtake I saw what it was…… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It was one of those motorized mobility scooters, yes I know they are legal on the road but it’s what she was doing while driving it that caught my attention :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .

Travelling at no more than 5mph with one hand she was pushing along a collapsed metal wheel chair and with the other hand had a black Labrador on a lead who looked like it wanted to run faster :exclamation: .

Would the cops pull her over or not :question: :question: I did think for about 00000.000000001 second about letting them know but thought what would be the point as by the time they got there she’d be gone and the operator would never believe me anyway :unamused: :unamused: .

Now I’ve checked the highway code and in no part does it specifically say you cant do that but just wondered if what she was doing was borderline illegal :question: :question:

cheers

You should of reported it mate. I’m sure the police would of overlooked your minor transgression of speeding and who knows, you could of been awarded a medal for your public spirited actions in helping to get such a dangerous menace off the roads.