boozers

I’m totally shocked, I’ve just been out with a friend for a drink AND. Not one [zb] up [zb] in the pub. What a nice way to spend an evening.The most unruly blokes there were standing at the bar and apologizing if they were laughing too loudly ! Any chance of this sort of behavior all year round?

Yeah,come to Canada,that sort of thing happens 24/7,365 days a year.If we should happen to spill someones drink it’s a matter of “hey so sorry let me buy you another”,as opposed to “I want to punch your lights out”.
"tis nice living in a civilised country. Merry Xmas to all.

Yeah, I nipped out for a quick half-hour sociable pint. Everyone seemed in good spirits.

The best bit for me was I didn’t stink any the worse for it - no stench of smoke clinging to my clothes, no kids or wife saying “You stink like an ashtray, Dad!” when I got in. Mmmm, great stuff - the pub is much better place these days . . . . .

Ooops! Shouldn’t mention that around here, eh?? :confused:

Stopped going to the pub for the odd evening drink a long time ago due to the 15 pint wanna have a go Tossers. the only place I’ll go for a drink now is the local where me lad works and thats only now and again

It’s a good night out when you can to a pub and just have a bit of good natured banter with friends and strangers, but to often you find it’s full of [zb] up heros, either telling everybody how great they are or wanting a fight. The thing is as often as not they aren’t teenage kids, but they are of an age where they should know better. :imp:

wibble:
I’m totally shocked, I’ve just been out with a friend for a drink AND. Not one [zb] up [zb] in the pub. What a nice way to spend an evening.The most unruly blokes there were standing at the bar and apologizing if they were laughing too loudly ! Any chance of this sort of behavior all year round?

You normally get this behaviour all year round. Its usually only the once a year drinkers who think other wise. Pubs full of loose people unrestrained, who’d think it safe to go in them without any protection !!! Does my nuts in, “oooh, its nice in here we’ll have to come out more” and i think no stay in and do us all a favour !!! If you ca’nt get on with the general public as they are then stay out the way !!
Nice people in pubs FFS !!!

Mike-C:

wibble:

You normally get this behaviour all year round. Its usually only the once a year drinkers who think other wise. Pubs full of loose people unrestrained, who’d think it safe to go in them without any protection !!! Does my nuts in, “oooh, its nice in here we’ll have to come out more” and i think no stay in and do us all a favour !!! If you ca’nt get on with the general public as they are then stay out the way !!
Nice people in pubs FFS !!!

I agree, my local is a real ale pub on the (Stag/Hen party) way into town. You can tell at 7 pm who will make it home and who will have a room for the night!