boots

can anyone reccomend a decent pair of steelys. my current cheap arse dickies are uncomfortable, cold and wet after only a couple of months. someone must surely be making some decent quality, hard wearing, warm and waterproof boots.

ta

DeWalt Challenger, you will never wear another boot.

Not cheap but quality never is, my present pair are 18 months old, about half worn and never ever do they split or leak, light and extremely comfortable from day one, do not need breaking in, only replaced one lace during the wearing out of probably 6 pairs.

Vary between £65 and £90 a pair, search wide and far and you’ll find someone with an offer on, my last pair was £65 incl.

V12 Powerwear find them on internet site to find nearest distributer. Best pair of riggers ive ever had worked on sites moving plant and these are the first pair ive had that stand up to mud oil ect , feet always dry and warm, bit dearer than Dickies but not over the top, all leather strengthend ankle /heel.

Caterpillar. I crushed my foot from its size 12 down to less than 6 inches with 14 tons. I was walking again less than 6 hours later.

I made the huge error in ordering new DM’s online, the picture showed nice brown, steel toed boots and at $65.00 a bargain… Not so ! I opened the box to find the have a stupid brogue pattern along the side, it’s $40.00 to post them back to DM so i am gonna look a right wally in NYC next week :frowning:

walklander boots from moto services… they last me about 12 months… and the soles don’t split like some soles do… i think they are about £30 at the moment. i’ve had four pairs from them over the last few years.

Dewalt from Screwfix. £40 nice and light but I got the beige ones that need a spray of waterproofing stuff every now and again!

There are 3 choices on the uniform request and I always choose trucker boots. This says they are 70 quid i didnt believe that so looked around and found them for 50quid on ebay but also sellers selling them brand new without tags for a 10quid. Id say if you just drive they will last a good 5 years if you are multidrop in and out, dragging pallets etc really getting your moneys worth they last about a year and half.

slingsby.com/p-73443-trucker … tAodZHEAhg

ebay.co.uk/itm/TRUCKER-STEEL … 439ef5c39c

Dr. Martens Industrial are pretty decent. Very comfy, waterproof and well made. Something about Air Wair written on the label, whatever that is…! About £45 I seem to remember, though I was lucky enough to not have to buy this pair myself… :slight_smile:

I like De Walt too, so second Juddian’s comments about those…they ain’t cheap though, but you often get what you pay for… :wink:

I had some Scruffs trainer boot type ones, lasted me about a year, but can now feel the steel midplate, so treated myself to some Dewalts from Screwfix this week, very comfortable. They are the ones on offer at the moment for £40 (even better with the staff discount)

PhillH:
can anyone reccomend a decent pair of steelys. my current cheap arse dickies are uncomfortable, cold and wet after only a couple of months. someone must surely be making some decent quality, hard wearing, warm and waterproof boots.

ta

dr martens 7 hole steelys from screw fix £50 ish look great too about as stylish as safety boots can get and last forever

I’ve got cat’s, which are good, they’re £80 odd though.

I think you need to spray that leather water repellant stuff on boots or they will all leak eventually as leather is breathable.

Welly’s it is when it’s thoroughly lashing it all day if you want 100% dry.

Same with gloves, cheapie rubber ones with nice liners, only way to stay dry.

swellbelly:

PhillH:

ta

dr martens 7 hole steelys from screw fix £50 ish look great too about as stylish as safety boots can get and last forever

not anymore-my last pair of these cost £45 from screwfix,a couple of years ago,very good they were too.need a new pair now £69 from screwfix!!! been looking everywhere online as i want another pair of dm’s,but they are expensive everywhere!!

Hoggs!

ardmoor.co.uk/products/TORNA … fety-boots

Lidl 20 quid although they do look like ytp boots

i’ve been wearing a pair of buckler steel toe caps for well over a year now and in some right ■■■■ conditions, they should last the winter out, then i’ll get the same again. £55 - £60

gri sport boots there the best boots ive had really comfy and long lasting you wont be dissapointed with these 45-50 pound action-station.co.uk/footwea … -BOOT.aspx

redback.net.au/

Goliath boots cost about £25, are very comfortable and last me 18 - 24 months.

Stan

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002Z13 … a_1&sr=8-3