Boots , Notts

Can you get in early , got a 10 am booking time, but loads ready early hours ( 3 ish ) , so last day , how early can I bang the load in ta ?

I’ve got a 9am booking, plan to be there by 8am :smiley:

Eurorider:

Try and get a sneeky picture of dozy, I’ve always wondered what he looks like :laughing:

you can try, if it’s quiet you might be lucky if not they send you down the trailer park with a pager and just pray they put down correct pager number because they didnt on mine last thursday and i sat 5 hours ( slept for 3 of em) in the trailer park before the shunter knocked on the door asking what i was waiting on, still took em 30 minutes to tip the 4 pallets and check them

Not tipped there myself, but everywhere I tipped this week has ignored official times as theres so little moving compared to usual…and they want to get home. Not sure if they’ll take you before 8 however as they didnt seem to be running before then.

If its building D25 they seem to be pretty in the ball and often seemed to tip several trucks at a time to keep it clear. (Worked on site as a contractor a few times before life in trucks so got to watch them).

Eurorider:

Can I jump in front of you ? :wink:

Last time I went the gatehouse got stroppy that I arrived an hour early. Parked in the trailer park bit with a pager.

scotstrucker:
you can try, if it’s quiet you might be lucky if not they send you down the trailer park with a pager and just pray they put down correct pager number because they didnt on mine last thursday and i sat 5 hours ( slept for 3 of em) in the trailer park before the shunter knocked on the door asking what i was waiting on, still took em 30 minutes to tip the 4 pallets and check them

They propably gave you the same pager as me in the morning, but shunter came to find me after half an hour.
Even with a faulty pager, in and out within the hour with a full load on, everybody very friendly as well. :wink:

dozy:

Eurorider:

Only if he’s doing at least 30mph please :laughing:

bald:

scotstrucker:

They propably gave you the same pager as me in the morning, but shunter came to find me after half an hour.
Even with a faulty pager, in and out within the hour with a full load on, everybody very friendly as well. :wink:

Most of em don’t work anyway but at least it got me off the hook on doing another run lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks all I’ll give it a try , but knowing how impatient I can be I’ll probably be rocking up about 5 hrs early :wink:

On the same topic, what about the M&S distribution centre in Stoke (run by XPO)? I had a delivery booked in there at 6pm on Tuesday; in the end I got there just on time, but without all the traffic on the M1 plus a break I might well have been there more than an hour early. Would I have been tipped on arrival, or kept sitting around until 6?

OVLOV JAY:

dozy:

Eurorider:

Only if he’s doing at least 30mph please :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve tipped hours early there before, depends how busy they are and if they need what you’ve got on. Might as well try your luck

If the HGV entrance is the one opposite Lilac Grove, I’d defo be rocking up early as the Nottingham traffic, plus 100’s of people driving into Boots, combined with the roadworks on that junction could make it “fun” to get in (can’t 100% remember which one is HGV). You used to be able to get into one of the canteens too via the back entrance for really long stops, but think they gated it a while back.

Hopefully they gave him 1 of the 2 bays by the office to go on to :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:
Hopefully they gave him 1 of the 2 bays by the office to go on to [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Ya cruel devil lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If it’s Harrimans Lane it’s worth a try, if forked off there’s room to park by the cinema complex thingy youl pass on the way in.

don’t try and go in from Lilac grove entrance, all HGVs must use the Harrimans lane entrance.

Dipper_Dave:
If it’s Harrimans Lane it’s worth a try, if forked off there’s room to park by the cinema complex thingy youl pass on the way in.

My address is thane road west, can’t find a thane road west so just going for thane road , yea I was thinking of by the showcase but haven’t been there for years so wasn’t sure