Boots Nottingham?

Does anyone know what it’s like here ? Can you get in early , and what’s it like for parking around the area ? Got a 2030 tonight but never been before , cheers

You will be there for ages. Abd i mean like 5-6h hours. They let you park overnight in the holding area. Dont tell that the gatehouse they might ask you to leave. Just let goods in know if youre gonna be staying.

Depends on your on tipping point on the whole not bad at the time of night your going in will let you in early as well but not sure by how much

I’ve seen plenty of drivers parking up in the showcase car park if you use your common sense, plenty of space around the estate to park and wait if you get there too early but worth having a go first they’ll only turn you round of it’s too early.

iirc they only allow +30min before booking times, otherwise you get kicked out & told to come back later. The pagers are still in use, so once booked in head down to the holding yard and wait. Then once the pager bleeps it will tell you which bay to go on.
I wouldn’t recommend parking up overnight on “the Midway” on the left just before the harrimans lane lane T junction. As it gets rammed with cars early in the morning, and you may find yourself blocked in.

I have tipped on a Saturday morning quite a few times, never a real problem and only ever waited about 30 minutes, tipped quick too. Weeknight is probably different.

Cheers people I think it’s going to be fun just on way across from deeside so probs be late time is up at 2230 as well lol , let’s see how it goes !!

A bit of advice for you, the bay’s and area to back onto the bay’s at Boots are crap and not really made for an artic with a long trailer IMO plus there are no visible markings to follow to guide you into the bay’s.
If you are on one of the bay’s in the corner or have a bay in between 2 other trucks you will struggle as there is no room for you to drive forward to adjust your position. I have seen the ■■■ shelter taken out a few times and had my mirror ripped off by another truck trying to back onto the bay. If you are struggling then don’t be scared to ask someone to watch you.
Also don’t lock your cab up just go hand your keys in to goods in and go back to your cab as the drivers area is ■■■■■■ only about 4 seats. They won’t tell you to get out the can I used to do it all the time. If you decide to park on the ind estate and like playing poker then there is the best poker place in the UK near the cinema called “Dusk Till Dawn” where all the top competitions are held and worlds best players play at :smiley:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
A bit of advice for you, the bay’s and area to back onto the bay’s at Boots are crap and not really made for an artic with a long trailer IMO plus there are no visible markings to follow to guide you into the bay’s.
If you are on one of the bay’s in the corner or have a bay in between 2 other trucks you will struggle as there is no room for you to drive forward to adjust your position. I have seen the ■■■ shelter taken out a few times and had my mirror ripped off by another truck trying to back onto the bay. If you are struggling then don’t be scared to ask someone to watch you.
Also don’t lock your cab up just go hand your keys in to goods in and go back to your cab as the drivers area is [zb], only about 4 seats. They won’t tell you to get out the can I used to do it all the time. If you decide to park on the ind estate and like playing poker then there is the best poker place in the UK near the cinema called “Dusk Till Dawn” where all the top competitions are held and worlds best players play at :smiley:

The bay’s are crap like , I thought it was just me lol , had to get another driver to watch me on. I’m hoping to get so far back up the M1 but I’ll see how long I’m in here for cheers

One of the first drops I ever did on class 1, definitely in my first 3 days, absolute bloody nightmare, that flower bed and ■■■ shelter are in a bloody ridiculous place, and it didn’t help matters that the knob to my left had parked with his unit on the skunt. One word of advice, don’t forget to open your doors before you try and back in, or you’ll be doing it twice. It really is that tight. It doesn’t help that they seem to tip rigids at one set of bays and artics on the rest, if they alternated the bays, you’d stand a much better chance.

Try and not park on Bull Close Road as its bad for being given parking tickets
Nottingham city council hate any form of non public transport

A little late for the original poster who should be tipping about now, but for anyone else this map might be helpful as it can be quite easy to get lost within the site. Odd thing with the place is you can’t really see it until you turn the final corner.

boots.jobs/pdf/Directions-to … h-2009.pdf

Would agree that parking on the road in is not a good idea if you plan to be there overnight as it seems a popular place to park for people who don’t have a site pass, usually between 7am to 8am and the road in is chaos by 8am - I’m sure half of Nottingham is driving in there! There should be parking close by such as the road to Imperial Tobacco which is the big building close to Boots. The roads are pretty wide around there so turning shouldn’t be an issue.

Can’t comment too much on the bays, although nothing I’ve seen ever looked like someone “designed” it…more like a bit of an afterthought placed at a strange angle. Oh and watch out for the fork lifts as they’ll try to run you down.

Dabell avenue on the blenhiem ind est at bulwell will only be 15 mins away at that time of night.
Walk back to the island for the pub and takeaways.

Cheers people , was only in there for an hour managed to get back near hull so had a good run ! Cheers for help

commonrail:
Dabell avenue on the blenhiem ind est at bulwell will only be 15 mins away at that time of night.
Walk back to the island for the pub and takeaways.

You can park in the pub car park see wagons in there every day I pass.

Yes mate

Couple of blokes I know have had trailers slashed there just lately. Be careful if your parking up loaded

Bit of a thread revival, but a mate of mine and I were discussing the hell-hole and he drew my attention to this video.

youtu.be/gHQ5GRaiJHQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulNowak:
Bit of a thread revival, but a mate of mine and I were discussing the hell-hole and he drew my attention to this video.

youtu.be/gHQ5GRaiJHQ

The Youtube comments are cringe worthy. They obviously haven’t been there. I’m lucky, when I went to Boots Notthingham, I tipped and loaded at a different place.

I just can’t work out why the guy tried to blindside it in. It’s crap even off your good side, so why make life harder, as well as trying to damage your motor and the local scenery■■?