Boom!

Many moons ago, Squiffy, Ginger and their chums went to Germany, tipped and ran home empty.

70 odd years later boffins were faced with the task of defusing a piece of that long buried cargo last night and it all went a bit Pete Tong.

Seems the chemical fuse was too unstable to make safe, so they had to detonate. Unfortunately the Germans had built the A3 Autobahn on top of this long lost treasure.

End result is a 12 meter wide and 4 meter deep crater in the A3 near Frankfurt. Police are looking into it (Sorry,couldn’t resist :blush: ):

hr-online.de/website/rubrike … t_52735617

The A3 from Frankfurt towards Würzburg is completely closed between Offenbacher Kreuz and Obertshausen for the next few days until blokes with shovels turn up.

Total gridlock has of course ensued. Avoid the area.

“Bombs away, Squiffy!” “Rodger, Ginger. Last one back to Blighty’s a stinky egg!”

“What ho, Squiffy! Seems we underestimated Jerry. Blighter’s just gone and repaired the ruddy road within 24 hours. All shipshape and Bristol fashion again now”

“By jove, Ginger, definitely not cricket. Still, got to hand it to them, eh?”

“Indeed. Vorsprung durch Technik and all that malarkey”

“Oh well, back to the drawing board. Get that Barnes Wallis chap on the blower to see if he has any new ideas when he’s finished working on that bouncing thingy”

“Will do! Another Pimms, Squiffy?”

“Don’t mind if I do, Ginger”

fr-online.de/frankfurt/bombe … 76324.html

Verkhersminister Tarek al ■■? infiltration of the Reich? Was ist das■■?

Just goes to prove Inselaffe, that when they want something sorted over there in Euroland, be it a hole in the Autobahn, repairing a barrier, clearing away the debris after an accident etc. etc. etc. ( I could go on ) They just do it !!!
If that had been somewhere underneath the M25 , it would have been closed for at least a week. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dashed good show, Squiffy; and some thunderingly prompt reporting there! By jove, it’s a good thing none of those huns ‘bought it’ during this belated incursion! Perish the thought. What goes round comes round eh? Arf, arf, arf! Near miss though: might have pranged me own kite (inasmuch as a unit & tilt can be called a ‘kite’) on that dratted hunninsh thoroughfare! Thank the good lord for decent autohofs and the warmth of friendly natives, what? Arf, arf arf… Robert :unamused:

Thank you…Funniest thing ever seen on here…Made i proper laugh…cheers
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

vannrouge:
Thank you…Funniest thing ever seen on here…Made i proper laugh…cheers
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

+1 :laughing: :laughing: