Booking or Not

Had a booking for the rest of the week and for the next week through the same agency. It was confirmed to me by them but when I turned up this morning the client told me that I’m not needed for this week and the next week looks dubious. I’m out of pocket for fuel and had to turn down a job becauose of this as I thought that I’d have work for the said time. How do i stand with the agency, I assume they have to pay me something. Told them about the job being cancelled and they were surprised as no one cancelled the work.

I was in the same situation once and the agency paid me for my time - about 2 hours - only took me 1 hour but the other hour was to cover my costs.

I don’t think there is a set rule for this sort of thing - I would have a nice chat with the agency and see if you can come to a reasonable arrangement

With the experience of this, you will now be able to come to an agreement with any agency in the future before you start with them

Paul-H:
I assume they have to pay me something.

I’m afraid they don’t have to pay you anything unless you have a contract with a clause in it to that effect which is extremely unlikely I would think.

If you’re a regular with the agency you may be able to get something out of them even if it’s only enough to cover your travelling expenses.

Under those circumstances I’d expect the agency to go out of their way to try to find you work but at this time of year that could also be a problem.

Good luck.

Been told I’ d get 4hours pay for my troubles,betther than nothing.
Aparently one the clients Long term Sick came back to work and they forgot to cancel.

Not ideal but not such a bad result, all things considered.