Booked training - any recommended reading?

So…after a bit of self-doubt and dithering I’ve got my wallet out and booked Class 2 training with Data Academy in Leicester. Four days starting Friday 5 October with the test due on Thursday 11th. Looking forward to it, but wondering if there’s anything I can do in the meantime to help prepare. I’m trying to ‘think like I’m in a truck’ when driving, but I’d also like to get into the culture of it if possible. Stalking on this board has been a great help, but I wondered if there are any books out there that you might recommend? Not necessarily training manuals, maybe even personal experiences from those who’ve done it before. At present the the only reading I’ve done outside this board is the Theory Manual - and whilst that taught me how to pass the theory test it didn’t do much to prepare me for driving.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

'nuff said.

loads of info in sam’s link

but what I have is…

Official theory book
Official guide to driving LGV’s
Official Highway codde
CD Rom of Hazard perception (which i have to use on a windows based unit as it wont work on my mac)

Im pretty sure i have all base’s covered here unless anyone else wishes to add something

Ta for that - esp the link to the thread - should have RTFM…
Haven’t got Official Guide to Driving LGVs, but will purchase. Have to say I prefer reading books to one screen, so if there’s anything else out there I’d be pleased to hear of it.

ericonabike:
Ta for that - esp the link to the thread - should have RTFM…
Haven’t got Official Guide to Driving LGVs, but will purchase. Have to say I prefer reading books to one screen, so if there’s anything else out there I’d be pleased to hear of it.

Training material, paper back wise is quite limited but pop in to your local WH Smith and you’ll find the materials that the other posted listed above. I also used those.