Booked C+E

Knowing Pete we could be doing absolutely anything! Lol

I wanted the red one too but there was too long of a wait for it. I’m just happy to be doing it

Ye mate for sure I can’t wait I’m ready to leave this career and start my new one!

NickW88:
Think mines in the yellow artic mate, if you’re in it, don’t ruin it before I do lol! The week you are on training I’m doing CPC with them lol

Just be warned, the gearbox is lazy and it rolls back if you aren’t quick with the gas pedal.

Same as all auto MANs then lol

Trust me it can be no lazier than a bin Lorry running at 24t+ with the worlds ■■■■■■■■ gear box

Pete should of got an auto Premium. They are the best to drive and so easy for newbies.

Big Reds got plenty of ponies under the floor!

I’ve never driven a Renault so can’t really comment on the premium.

I’ve only driven mercs, dafs, ivecos, scanias and the trusty old Dennis, oh and a sedi Atkinson, but that was basically an iveco. And a ford transit lol.

I wasn’t sure about my choice of artic of w and d but I’m settling on the idea of it being more real world for me if you know what I mean. I’m hoping I can get it round everything without killing anyone. I’m not as worried about couple and in couple so I will probably ■■■■ it up spectacularly

I’ve driven big red and a few Renaults…
Give me a Renault every time!

Does anyone actually like the gearbox on an MAN? Lol

The knack with either yellow or red is to slow down on the approach to a hazard (it’s obvious so far I hope!) but drive it just a yard before you stop or end up slowing right down. This sends the instruction to the gear changer to do it’s stuff.

The Premium (newer ones) is a Volvo with a less expensive cab and the Volvo I-shift is well known for it’s good behaviour.

…watch this space (but not for a while yet!!)

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Best of luck mate
I’ve got mine booked for the 29th feb.
Seems like so long away though. :slight_smile:

I always found with a Dennis that you have to go before you actually want to go, if you know what I mean. I realise it’s a completely different style of box but does the same principal apply, apart from those and mercs I’ve pretty much only driven manuals

moodyinternational.co.uk/Sales/Details/271

I’d like to learn in that!

NickW88:
Big Reds got plenty of ponies under the floor!

I’ve never driven a Renault so can’t really comment on the premium.

I’ve only driven mercs, dafs, ivecos, scanias and the trusty old Dennis, oh and a sedi Atkinson, but that was basically an iveco. And a ford transit lol.

I wasn’t sure about my choice of artic of w and d but I’m settling on the idea of it being more real world for me if you know what I mean. I’m hoping I can get it round everything without killing anyone. I’m not as worried about couple and in couple so I will probably [zb] it up spectacularly

The power in big red doesn’t mean anything as you’re only pulling training weight.

Power solves everything lol

NickW88:
I always found with a Dennis that you have to go before you actually want to go, if you know what I mean. I realise it’s a completely different style of box but does the same principal apply, apart from those and mercs I’ve pretty much only driven manuals

Yep, with a MAN you have to preempt the gap on a roundabout you want, and hit the GO pedal a second before anything happens! :laughing:

I had the red one, absolutely loved it. My brother in law has an Audi r8 v10, given the choice i would drive Pete’s MAN tgx 480 every time, it is awesome. Feels smaller than it looks which gives confidence and the mirrors are fantastic. There cannot be a better real world training vehicle out there and the trainers are skillful, knowledgable and most of all, friendly, best of luck with everything.

I had a daf xf on Friday and I loved it I could put the trailer were I wanted it got in the reno today and can’t reverse for ■■■■ taking me 2 3 shunts to get it were it needs to be to me the reno steers far to quickly in reverse compared to the daf or it might be cause I’m with some one else cause I’m giving him hand this week cause my truck still isn’t fixed

I’m not overly sure why I like the Daf but I always found them good to drive. I hated driving the axor rigid, I’ve never sat in such an uncomfortable seat

I’m currently doing my Cat C with Peter Smythe and if I pass I will book the C+E as soon as there is space… I have been trying to decide between artic and wag & drag too but have decided to go the artic if the wait is not too long…

I have done this because my partners company is allowing me to drive their artics on L plates once I have the C class. But it will be in a DAF as that is my partners truck. He personal does not like the MAN, he says the response is slow on pull off which worries me. However speaking to Chris yesterday he say Big Red has no issues with this and is a pleasure to drive… I know when I start working for my partners company I will have what ever truck is available and currently that is a MAN…

I’ll see how this week goes and then see what is available and timings before I make my final decision. Good luck to everyone

Both trucks use the same arsetronic gearbox. When you’re empty you shouldn’t have an issue. The problems start showing up when you are at near or max weight. The best auto gearbox is the Optidriver that Renault use.