BOLLIES BANGERS (Old Time Volvos, Scanias ......)

Them 89s are absolutely stunning. No doubt they’re going to create a whole lot of interest. Hope your going to keep us updated on their progress Simon ! Brilliant…

Hello,ok…heres the original pic which I lent my pal Patrick Dyer for his book. :smiley:

Then it turned up at Truckfest.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

flamin eck what a find :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

gaz

bubbleman:
Hello,ok…heres the original pic which I lent my pal Patrick Dyer for his book. :smiley:

Wow, that was one smart looking 89 especially before that roo bar was fitted. Listen, dont suppose you would be able to find any pics of my old 89 would u ■■? She was NJE 776R ex murfitts as far as I know. I bought it off a guy who lives near me called Jim Hacking. Regards, Jim.

Truck Traveller:
Hi Folks,

I know this really good bloke who likes buying and repairing old motors.

Luckily enough for us folks interested in old commercial bangers; he came across 4 old Volvo F89’s hidden in a building in Las Palma under inches of dust.

Recognising their potential he bought them and then arranged for them to be shipped over to the UK.

Now they’re on UK soil, he’s on the lookout for the odd replacement part, so if you have any, or know someone that has, please do not hesitate to drop me a line via Trucknet.

PHOTO STORY BOARD

1. Bollies Holy Grail Spanish Discovery
  2. Dusted down and ready to ‘rock and roll’ (literally)
  3. The rocking and rolling
  4. The old gal’s on British terra firma
  5. Last leg of the 2,800 mile journey
  6. Safe and Sound (back in the yard)

Thanks for looking :sunglasses: .

Cheers

Simon.

Where is the fourth one? I can only see three.

Well spotted Jim,

More photos to follow.

Kind regards

Simon

Within 12 hours of this topic being posted,not only do we get the vehicle’s details,but some fantastic photo’s to go with it.
:laughing:

well done on this find . any idea what the other 3 f89s were registered ? were they ex brits too ? do the chassis numbers co incide with anybodys f89s / F88S ? think i got photo of fjo522s in plain white with a tilt on . keep us posted :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: andrew.

Hi ,heres one more :laughing:

I remember Jimmy Hacking having the blue and white 89 but don’t recall the Sunters motor. I found this one in Bob Fletchers thread of anything abnormal

Jimmy no doubt retired to Romania but the last time I was with him was at the Windmill when his F89 spun a big end. The other 88/89 I recall at the time was run by the Taylor Brothers. Jeff and the other one had a Volvo and a Scania iirc

JO is an Oxfordshire registration so they would definately have been supplied by Dawsons probably from Leighton Buzzard where they were then based

Wheel Nut:

3300John:
Hiya …A pal of mine has XJO it was supplied through Dawsons mlton keynes.
Dawsons had a healthy truck rental division so it may have been leased out by them.
you could do with some help from Dawsons.
theres one thing if no one on TN has any idea who’s FJO was new forget it…
I’ll bet Bubbleman has a photo somewhere just wait a couple of hours till he finds it.
John

Maybe Dawsonrentals are still looking for those lorries, there were some dodgy buggers in transport in the 70’s and 80’s :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I remember Jimmy Hacking having the blue and white 89 but don’t recall the Sunters motor. I found this one in Bob Fletchers thread of anything abnormal

Jimmy no doubt retired to Romania but the last time I was with him was at the Windmill when his F89 spun a big end. The other 88/89 I recall at the time was run by the Taylor Brothers. Jeff and the other one had a Volvo and a Scania iirc

Hi Wheelnut
It was the blue and white 4x2 F89 that I bought off Jimmy, wondering if anyone has any pics of it■■? NJE 776R

Jimmy is still living over here and has still got the ex Sunters double drive 89 as far as I know, a mate of mine saw him about 6 months ago and said he saw it whilst speaking to him. Regards, Jim.

jimbotruck:

bubbleman:

Wow, that was one smart looking 89 especially before that roo bar was fitted. Listen, dont suppose you would be able to find any pics of my old 89 would u ■■? She was NJE 776R ex murfitts as far as I know. I bought it off a guy who lives near me called Jim Hacking. Regards, Jim.

The Daf 3300 on the back was owned by a Dutchman called Ludo alway wore a cowboy hat.

Dieseldogsix:

jimbotruck:

bubbleman:

The Daf 3300 on the back was owned by a Dutchman called Ludo alway wore a cowboy hat.

hi cliff,
yes you are right mate.he was on the cover of t+d with that motor and his hat :laughing: .the scania on the stepframe looks like dave miller’s,he replaced that motor with a customised aerodyne style roof 142.what ever happened to him? i last saw him in an fl10 artic tipper at port talbot steelworks 15 odd years ago.he was an early regular winner when truckfest was born :smiley:
regards andrew.

Hi Everybody

The previous reg number given was incorrect. The owner of the 4 F88’s pictured used to own and run that vehicle a number of years ago.

The correct reg number we are looking for information on is PAA 708P.

If anybody has any pictures or information please post.

The fourth truck is still in Palma as it’s not a runner. It will return to the UK in the future.

So the search continues…

I’ll have look tonight when I get home

what a great find just had a look thru the volvo f88/f89 book and theres no pics of paa 708p unfortunatly

hoty2008:
Hi Everybody

The previous reg number given was incorrect. The owner of the 4 F88’s pictured used to own and run that vehicle a number of years ago.

The fourth truck is still in Palma as it’s not a runner. It will return to the UK in the future.

PAA would have been first registered in Bournemouth with the area identifier system.

I wonder if M&C Trucks would be a start and see if there are any old sales archives available

hoty2008:
Hi Everybody

Hi
What an amazing find ! Ref:- PAA 708P it was supplied originally by Princes Commercials in Southampton,who as wheelnut says is now M&C Trucks.
I know Gazzer who is on TN had PAA 710P also an F89,he may be able to help as he also worked at Princes around that time ! There is a pic of it on page 1 of the A.S.Rawlings thread,who also ran several F89’s purchased from Princes.
Sorry I can’t be more helpful.
Regards
MaggieD

Another AA reg…