BOLLIES BANGERS (Old Time Volvos, Scanias ......)

Laurie Dryver:
No Andrew, different Gerry Holmes I will double check his surname with Paul Selway with whom he was quite friendly. Regards

This is Gerry Holmes ( with the Kenworth ) and I never actually owned John Kent’s Volvo but I did a few trips for him in his F12. I still do the odd trip out for Ray White ( Whites Transport Services ) but I mainly work as a chauffeur to the film industry now. To be honest the job isn’t anything like it used to be, not the same comeradery as we had back in the day :frowning:.

Hi Folks,

I know this really good bloke who likes buying and repairing old motors.

Luckily enough for us folks interested in old commercial bangers; he came across 4 old Volvo F89’s hidden in a building in Las Palma under inches of dust.

Recognising their potential he bought them and then arranged for them to be shipped over to the UK.

Now they’re on UK soil, he’s on the lookout for the odd replacement part, so if you have any, or know someone that has, please do not hesitate to drop me a line via Trucknet.

PHOTO STORY BOARD

Photo 1.jpg

1. Bollies Holy Grail Spanish Discovery

2. Dusted down and ready to ‘rock and roll’ (literally)

3. The rocking and rolling

4. The old gal’s on British terra firma

5. Last leg of the 2,800 mile journey

Photo 8a.jpg

6. Safe and Sound (back in the yard)

Thanks for looking :sunglasses: .

Cheers

Simon.

They look as though they could go straight to work, what a find :wink:

newmercman:
They look as though they could go straight to work, what a find :wink:

I couldn’t agree more, struth, I’d quite happily jump in 1 of them & go up the road tomorrow, what cracking motors!

Great trucks, PM sent.

Tell him to guard them with his life. That is an amazing find, the only thing that would worry me is the British weather and damp atmosphere.

It would be good to keep at least one in the original livery. If he wants one taking to Gaydon. I am yer man :laughing:

Cracking trucks…they look very original…I can see a permanent crowd around one if it appears at Gaydon this year!

Great looking motors Simon what a find.Any chance you can put on any pics of the interiors.

Hi all, a quick follow up from Simon’s post, we have cleaned one of the cabs out and found the original UK plating cert. If anybody knows more about FJO 522S, or has any photos, let me or Simon know.

It appears that all 4 were originally UK vehicles, so the owner is currently onto DVLA/Volvo tO find out more info.

There will be a few of these coming to Gaydon in Sept, so keep a look out!

Chris.

Cold Up North:
Hi all, a quick follow up from Simon’s post, we have cleaned one of the cabs out and found the original UK plating cert. If anybody knows more about FJO 522S, or has any photos, let me or Simon know.

It appears that all 4 were originally UK vehicles, so the owner is currently onto DVLA/Volvo tO find out more info.

There will be a few of these coming to Gaydon in Sept, so keep a look out!

Chris.

If the DVLA cannot help, try contacting Volvo in Warwick. I am sure they would be interested in seeing them and may have some information.

I saw the F88 the other day in a yard just before Sheerness docks, couldnt beleive my eyes.

Hiya …A pal of mine has XJO it was supplied through Dawsons mlton keynes.
Dawsons had a healthy truck rental division so it may have been leased out by them.
you could do with some help from Dawsons.
theres one thing if no one on TN has any idea who’s FJO was new forget it…
I’ll bet Bubbleman has a photo somewhere just wait a couple of hours till he finds it.
John

3300John:
Hiya …A pal of mine has XJO it was supplied through Dawsons mlton keynes.
Dawsons had a healthy truck rental division so it may have been leased out by them.
you could do with some help from Dawsons.
theres one thing if no one on TN has any idea who’s FJO was new forget it…
I’ll bet Bubbleman has a photo somewhere just wait a couple of hours till he finds it.
John

Maybe Dawsonrentals are still looking for those lorries, there were some dodgy buggers in transport in the 70’s and 80’s :laughing:

Re: FJO 522S, Richard Paynes [HE Payne transport] restored F88 is FJO 515S.

And there you are within the hour. Radclive Transport and John L Kent operated this vehicle.

Hiya…I said if someone of TN could’nt find out no one could
2nd question are anyone from Radclive still around to give us some info
on the old girl…well done wheelnut.
John

There was someone on here that was on for Radclive, can’t remember who maybe they will turn up.

Wheel Nut:

And there you are within the hour. Radclive Transport and John L Kent operated this vehicle.

I am impressed Wheelnut…Are you a member of Mi5 by any chance!

Riverstick:

Wheel Nut:

I am impressed Wheelnut…Are you a member of Mi5 by any chance!

Nothing so secretive I am afraid. NZ Jamie posted it on another thread and it is one of Bubblemans pictures

it will be out of a magazine bubbleman copyrights all his own pics :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: