Bogus Police

xpcarsales.co.uk/#/skoda-oct … 4535322585

Pure example of buying a car like this and having a blue light on it. It will fool some people in thinking there being pulled

saxonhorse:
I even got a ticket from a open top Porsh 911 in holland, probably becouse I was laughing so hard at them, they did not see the resemblance of the two in the cartoon “Wacky races” in white ankel lenth leather coats & orenge helmets in an open top sports car.

I remember seeing them around a lot, not for a few years though. I always thought of Wacky Races when I saw them as well and couldn’t understand why the ankle length coats.

i would probably stop for it but wouldt get out the car/truck untill i see the actual ocupants and if they can show some ID, sound stupid dnt i reason why i would, been pulled over in southport when i was younger on a friday nite crusin by a clapped out A reg fiesta wid the blues on the grills thay were tryin catchin ppl out cos they were in a ■■■■ car then the marked cars pulled up once we pulled over incase we bailed thinkin we`d stolen it. It happens always be aware if i remember rightly just got a producer :smiley:

In the daytime, not in a million years woud i stop for that. at night, if i had any blue light behind me, i wouldn’t pull over until i was in a place i felt comfortable with

Coffeeholic:

saxonhorse:
I even got a ticket from a open top Porsh 911 in holland, probably becouse I was laughing so hard at them, they did not see the resemblance of the two in the cartoon “Wacky races” in white ankel lenth leather coats & orenge helmets in an open top sports car.

I remember seeing them around a lot, not for a few years though. I always thought of Wacky Races when I saw them as well and couldn’t understand why the ankle length coats.

Was the Dutch elite police, very knowledgeable, fair, and full of common sense.
The reason for the long coats was that the roof was not allowed to be closed, not in de winter, not in the rain, never.
The thought behind that was that they would step out the car without a thought, where if it’s raining a natural behaviour is to sit with the heater inside the car and look the other way.
They had special belts so they could stand up at full speed to have a better view, shoot in a pursuit, control the traffic etc.
The reason to choose a Porsche was that the air-cooled 911 could drive 80km/hr in reverse without overheating.
The selection was very heavy, must be above 35, married, have kids and have at least 8 year service.
They stopped with the Porches a couple of years ago, as they where to expensive and with the arriving of helicopters, and other solutions they didn’t need a car who could outrun anything.
They where all based in Driebergen and operated the whole country from there.

Most of them where great people, had in 1981 a Mazda RX7 and came back from Groningen in the night (I lived near Eindhoven) road was empty, so I was giving it some welly, near Apeldoorn there was a Police Porsche driving along, so I slowed down a bit, when I came closer they started to speed up, but no blues or two’s on.
I decided to follow them, when we hit 215km they started to run away from me. After 5 minutes they flashed with their blue so I slowed down, but they never stopped me.
Passed them later waved and went my way.

caledoniandream:

Coffeeholic:

saxonhorse:

Was the Dutch elite police, very knowledgeable, fair, and full of common sense.
The reason for the long coats was that the roof was not allowed to be closed, not in de winter, not in the rain, never.
The thought behind that was that they would step out the car without a thought, where if it’s raining a natural behaviour is to sit with the heater inside the car and look the other way.
They had special belts so they could stand up at full speed to have a better view, shoot in a pursuit, control the traffic etc.
The reason to choose a Porsche was that the air-cooled 911 could drive 80km/hr in reverse without overheating.
The selection was very heavy, must be above 35, married, have kids and have at least 8 year service.
They stopped with the Porches a couple of years ago, as they where to expensive and with the arriving of helicopters, and other solutions they didn’t need a car who could outrun anything.
They where all based in Driebergen and operated the whole country from there.

Most of them where great people, had in 1981 a Mazda RX7 and came back from Groningen in the night (I lived near Eindhoven) road was empty, so I was giving it some welly, near Apeldoorn there was a Police Porsche driving along, so I slowed down a bit, when I came closer they started to speed up, but no blues or two’s on.
I decided to follow them, when we hit 215km they started to run away from me. After 5 minutes they flashed with their blue so I slowed down, but they never stopped me.
Passed them later waved and went my way.

it wasnt these 2 was it??

:smiley: :grimacing: :wink:

Nothing bogus about these bad boys :stuck_out_tongue: