body clock

who else’s body clock is all to ■■■■ ■■ i know mine is , dam job . i cant seem to make my mind up if i’m tired or not and i’m wide awake at stoopid o’clock …

I worked nights for the last few years of my driving career. Retired from that in 2000. I still can’t sleep through the night. Sure can sleep through the mornings though!

Tone

Yes i’m the same, except i’m on nights so trying to sleep when people are banging about doesn’t help, changing shifts back on to days from wednesday after a year and half of nights, so will be totally knackered for a while :cry:

double post :blush:

It’s a good job tommorrow is Saturday :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

smitha:
It’s a good job tommorrow is Saturday :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You’re right. Every day is a Saturday for me, with the occasional Sunday thrown in.

Tone

i was called to the office when i got back today as they couldnt make head nor tail of my o/t sheets
the one for 2.12.10 ,id dated 9.12.10
the one for 9.12.10 id dated 10.12.01
my excuse is one minute im doing 7 a.m start,then 3 a.m,23 p.m,5 a.m, im knackered,no routine of sleep,if the bloke at the lights :wink: today had blown his horn i might of ended up taking a 9 hr reduced rest on the traffic lights ,if its 23p.m all week im o.k,2 a.m all week im o.k,but going from 7 a.m to 23 p.m to 3a.m etc,etc really does me in

Mine is all cocked up aswell. What makes it worse is im on agency at the moment so start times vary dramatically. The most frustrating thing for me is when I’m tired and I want to sleep, I just can’t. There is a point for me when aswell when I go past the barrier of being tired which is unhealthy. Sometimes I feel like the geezer out of fight club just living my life in a zombie like state!! :unamused: 2 hours here, 4 hours there ain’t good enough.

Yes, permanently screwed up! It can’t be healthy.

The previous comments on here are all very familiar. Getting up for a 1am start is the worst, and in the summer 22 hours of daylight doesn’t help much.

I sleep in four hour blocks - go to bed now 9.30am, wake up at about 2, do some stuff, have tea with the wife, bed again at 8pm up at midnight, back at work at 1am, its a wierd life.

I think i have an eight day week, I fit 5 shifts in between Monday morning and Friday morning :confused:

Confused isn’t the half of it!

the worse bit for me are the weekends when i dont work … i’m falling asleep mid afternoon and struggle to keep my eyes open , then early hours of the morning i’m wide awake . thiers only so many times you can watch early hours repeats of jeremy kyle … :blush:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Mine is all cocked up aswell. What makes it worse is im on agency at the moment so start times vary dramatically. The most frustrating thing for me is when I’m tired and I want to sleep, I just can’t. There is a point for me when aswell when I go past the barrier of being tired which is unhealthy. Sometimes I feel like the geezer out of fight club just living my life in a zombie like state!! :unamused: 2 hours here, 4 hours there ain’t good enough.

I’m the same.
last week I got home at 06:00 after driving for the last 3 hours of my shift half asleep the the hour home in the car, thought thats it! tuned of my mobile unplugged the house phone ant slept for 13 hours solid.

Woke up turned on the mobile - 6 missed cals and 4 text from the agency.
Felt fine for the next few days then back to nodding donkey behind the wheel!

If this job don’t kill me - it will kill someone else!!! :imp: :imp: :imp:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Mine is all cocked up aswell. What makes it worse is im on agency at the moment so start times vary dramatically.

+1 I don’t mind doing days. I don’t mind doing nights. I don’t really care what time I start, but I do mind not knowing what I’m doing from one minute to the next.

Flip-flopping shifts really does my nut it. Also idiots that know fine well when I finished a shift, but insist on ringing when I’m kipping. :imp:

What I really need though is a cushy number again. :laughing:

My body clock is set to UTC nowadays.

Only problem is that I can only adjust it by one minute per week.

Also, why is it that during my working week I’m the King of the snooze button and can hardly drag my ■■■ out of bed, but come my days off I wake up at stupid o’clock as bright as a button? :imp:

bowser:
who else’s body clock is all to ■■■■ ■■ i know mine is , dam job . i cant seem to make my mind up if i’m tired or not and i’m wide awake at stoopid o’clock …

body clock? whats one of them ffs? It’s all part of the job, especially if you’re a night driver. The important thing is to make sure you get enough sleep, and not be too proud to admit you’re tired and take a twenty or thirty minute ‘power-nap’, no more or you’ll wake up feeling like s*$t and take forever to wake up properly. Always try to drive with the window open a crack, and have a fortifying cup of tea or coffee in your travel mug :grimacing:

Oh yeah that really annoys me when the agency ring when I’m asleep. Then wake up to find a good job/run has gone to someone else because you were sleeping. They know I started at 1am for e.g but still insist on leaving numerous voicemails, texts, and missed calls :unamused: … I enjoy it tho :laughing:

i do 4 on 4 off and one day just blends to another i never seem to be aware what day off the week imm in its a bit odd really

Matty72:
I sleep in four hour blocks - go to bed now 9.30am, wake up at about 2, do some stuff, have tea with the wife, bed again at 8pm up at midnight, back at work at 1am, its a wierd life.

I think i have an eight day week, I fit 5 shifts in between Monday morning and Friday morning :confused:

Confused isn’t the half of it!

been very much the same since going on nights, can’t seem to get past that four hour sleep barrier, strangely after recently changing jobs from midnight starts to 8.00pm starts i feel more tired even though i’m probably getting more hours sleep now, ending up in a right tangle some nights from about four in the morning, finding myself having to pull over for a quick nap even though i’ve only been out of bed ten hours or so.

Been on nights for 6 years now and still not completely sorted. I used to start at 9.30 at night and get back to the yard at about 6. That was easy - just turned the day round 12 hours. Now I start about 6 and get back about 4, go straight to bed then get up about noon. The rest of the day is mine :sunglasses:

Weekends can work out as 3 days - get up a bit early on Sat - all day Sunday and most of Monday free.

But now - I’m off sick with truckers’ flu and I can’t get straight - try to go to bed about midnight but can’t sleep, then knackered all day.

Once you have screwed up your circadian rhythm you never really get it back.

It does have advantages though… I never suffer from jetlag, and I can stay awake longer than most people I know… :sunglasses: