Bodily fluids all over the windscreen

I get a different vehicle everyday. The first part of my shift is taken up by cleaning other people’s bodily fluids off the inside of the windscreen.
You can guarantee there’s going to be five or six dried saliva circles from previous driver’s satnavs. My satnav is fairly new and has a clever locking suction cup, there’s no need to apply any saliva to get it to stick and it barely leaves a mark. It would seem many are still hocking up a great ball of phlegm and using it as glue to keep their satnavs in place though.
A little higher up on the windscreen, at about eye level, I usually find a nice big sneeze or cough splatter. Having to look through half a pint of crap blasted onto the windscreen out of someone else’s face is not nice when you’re eating your sandwiches. I think “why didn’t they cover their face with their hand?” but then I realise that if they did, it would be all over the steering wheel instead, and you can’t see it there. I’m not sure which is worse. Which is worse?
I have to get rid of it. Luckily I know someone who works in the rag industry and I have a plentiful supply of rags. My rag dealer is getting ■■■■■■ off though because I’m getting through so many. Anybody else have this problem and do you clean it or just spend half your life looking through it?

The company I work for supply sanitizing alcohol wipes for cleaning the dash. I think they also have glass wipes at the other hub but I haven’t found them yet!

This post is useless without pics !!
Hang on don’t bother !!:slight_smile:

I once found nine toenails in the passenger footwell of a SCANIA I once had . There should have been ten but I guess he must of been from east anglia ( joke) or he used it for a tooth pic!

I have also found scabs,bogeys and small curly black hair in various motors I have driven …

I must stop watching CSI and there various spin offs ! :slight_smile:

Totally agree with you.
Had this truck off day/ night shift fleet to tramp in and it too looks like its got a case of the mysterons onthe screen,it’s disgusting!,filthy ■■■■■■■

SmashedCrabFace:
It would seem many are still hocking up a great ball of phlegm and using it as glue to keep their satnavs in place

:open_mouth:

I’m fortunate - I’m the only driver! Did hit a seagull (!) in Belvedere today - that left a deposit on the screen :exclamation:
Oh - and I ducked (no pun intended) :slight_smile:

remember getting into a scania one day, cab was a mess, old kfc bucket in the passenger footwell along with empty coke cans, crusty socks down between the seat and the bunk, boogies wiped all on the seat and steering wheel!. i thought to myself, i really do need to start tidying up after myself!.. :laughing:

wirralpete:
remember getting into a scania one day, cab was a mess, old kfc bucket in the passenger footwell along with empty coke cans, crusty socks down between the seat and the bunk, boogies wiped all on the seat and steering wheel!. i thought to myself, i really do need to start tidying up after myself!.. :laughing:

I just spat a load of Lucozade all over the windscreen when I read that last line. Oh well, I’ll just leave it for the next bloke, what comes around goes around and all that.

I got in one the other day and was immediately hit by a rotten stench. The air was thick. Had a good look around and found half a double sausage and egg mcmuffin. Normally I wouldn’t let good food go to waste but this looked and smelt a bit ‘mature’ so I threw it away instead. I was lucky to find it though, the little bugger was trying to crawl under the seat when I caught it.

ha ha love the crawling mcmuffin mate
TBH i cab hop every shift and as there is only 5 of us on the shift the trucks are kept clean, i tend to dig out behind the seats, clean door jams etc, while im tipping the windows are a big thing with me, like them clean, luckily i dont go to many new tips so very rarely have the sat nav out.

i do tend to keep the cab spotless while away i think the word ■■■■ has been used on here before about my tidyness… :laughing:

I am now fortunate that darkness has descended by the time I get my ride for the night, needless to say if I drop anything down the side of the seat I use a pen and not my fingers to hook it out.

A 60 plate unit should not smell like a wet dog.

A few years ago now we had 6 units in a customer who went belly up. 3 were returned immaculate & the other 3 were disgusting. One driver had had his dog with him. The cab was crawling (or should that be hopping) with fleas, another had the bunk covered in a diarrohea stain & the third had dried sick behind the seats where the drunken [ZB] couldn’t be bothered to lean out of the window to puke. The matress was also soaked where his bottle of Trucker’s Tizer had leaked.
So, with respect, don’t come moaning to me about a but of gob on the screen :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Fat Controller:
A few years ago now we had 6 units in a customer who went belly up. 3 were returned immaculate & the other 3 were disgusting. One driver had had his dog with him. The cab was crawling (or should that be hopping) with fleas, another had the bunk covered in a diarrohea stain & the third had dried sick behind the seats where the drunken [ZB] couldn’t be bothered to lean out of the window to puke. The matress was also soaked where his bottle of Trucker’s Tizer had leaked.
So, with respect, don’t come moaning to me about a but of gob on the screen :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

I have been well and truly trumped !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Had a hire unit the other day and all the controls literally had a good 1mm crust of dirt on them.

Think the windscreen is the least of your worries.

Think of all the ‘man stains’ , feces, sweat, bogies etc deposits buried in the steering wheel. You’ll probably be putting this in your mouth on occasions without even realising :laughing:

While cab hopping,i have seen dandruff that is all over the cab in small crevices,hairs that have gone all over too,pubic hairs,leaking biro pens,rootting crumbs and food debris,and bad smells in most cabs.
And the cab is full old junk,of stuff that they have not thrown away.

wirralpete:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Scarab:
Had a hire unit the other day and all the controls literally had a good 1mm crust of dirt on them.

I reckon thats been *IN somewhere !! eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww !!! :open_mouth:

Scarab:

I reckon thats been *IN somewhere !! eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww !!! :open_mouth:

happy to say that nobody else drives my truck except my boss who will drop my trailers off to be loaded on a monday morning, other than it stays locked in the yard when im at home

Scarab:

It looks like it’s growing.

Readinv all these im so happy im the only one who drives mY lorry