Board for us older ones

can we have one as I’m starting to struggle to understand these kids with there gangsta talk ( w t f is pish) , I read have the posts and I’m lost what there saying / mean
just a board for older ones who speak English would be nice , ta

Not sure how old you are, but I’m at an age where I wondered what happened to the last few decades, only seemed like yesterday when I had another 40 years until retirement, although might still have 40 years if the goverment get their way. :open_mouth: :laughing:

However there is a already a board where the oldies can go and talk about the good old days where you had sticks to change gear, had to brace youself against the door to steer and the heating was supplied by a blanket across the knees.

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewforum.php :wink:

As a middle aged member myself I find this board has sections for all age groups and works well, never a bad thing to keep up with the lingo younger folks use. If in doubt just Google the phrase or letters to get the jist. If you catch my drift an ting.

Now we could do with a ladies section though one that attracts female drivers to the forum and gives them a section to discuss women’s stuff relating to trucking or anything else. Embrace the ladies they are the future of this industry. Just saying.

Dipper_Dave:
As a middle aged member myself I find this board has sections for all age groups and works well, never a bad thing to keep up with the lingo younger folks use. If in doubt just Google the phrase or letters to get the jist. If you catch my drift an ting.

Now we could do with a ladies section though one that attracts female drivers to the forum and gives them a section to discuss women’s stuff relating to trucking or anything else. Embrace the ladies they are the future of this industry. Just saying.

Not sure if that is good advice these days. :open_mouth: :laughing:

god knows why im replying to the troll,however,on the topic of the old wrinklies,then perhaps this may be relevant?

The kids have all their little SMS codes… like LOL, BTW, BFN etc. So here are some codes for the seniors:
ATD - At The Doctors
BFF - Best Friends Funeral
BTW - Bring the Wheelchair
FWIW - Forgot Where I Was
GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
GHA - Got Heartburn Again
HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement
IYHAO - Is Your Hearing Aid On?
TTYL - Talk to You Louder
WAIT - Who Am I Texting?
GGLKI - Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In

Dipper_Dave:
Just saying.

That should be #justsaying, bro.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:
god knows why im replying to the troll,however,on the topic of the old wrinklies,then perhaps this may be relevant?

The kids have all their little SMS codes… like LOL, BTW, BFN etc. So here are some codes for the seniors:
ATD - At The Doctors
WAIT - Who Am I Texting?

:laughing: :laughing:

IDAHJ - I drive a Honda Jazz (Slowly :unamused: )
IDAKP - I drive a Kia Picanto ( Also slowly :unamused: )
WIMY - Where is my hat?
INAP - I need a ■■■■.
CINAO - Christ, I need another one.
WMWO - Where’s my Werthers Originals?

WIMY - Where is my hat?

W I M Y … huh ■■?

raymundo:
WIMY - Where is my hat?

W I M Y … huh ■■?

IDDTTP I’m Dyslexic Don’t Take The ■■■■

dozy:
can we have one as I’m starting to struggle to understand these kids with there gangsta talk ( w t f is pish) , I read have the posts and I’m lost what there saying / mean
just a board for older ones who speak English would be nice , ta

Sorry for the delay, it’s just that we’ve been a bit busy.

That’s a fair point dozy, cos I sometimes have to look up one of these ‘modern’ words now and again.

I don’t think that your idea would work for the reason that it would be quite difficult to know where to draw the line in terms of what counts as ‘modern’ words and phraseology.

I do understand where you’re coming from though. :wink:

No thread, ever, has made me laugh out as much, in such a short time, as this one.
WIMY - Where is my hat?
W I M Y … huh ■■?

Ohhhh, my eyes are streaming…stoppitt.

dieseldog999:

ATD - At The Doctors
WAIT - Who Am I Texting?

AHhhhh bwahhhahhahha…I´m…having…troulble… brea…thing…

Of ■■■■, my eyes are streaming with tears…ahhhh, ■■■■…that is some funny stuff…

they also make flavoured condoms specifically tailored for them now .
barley sugar.
wertherers old original
victory v
and fishermens friends. :slight_smile: