Blyth and markam moor

any ideas when theyllbe done , :question: 5 lanes seemed finished ages ago and gonerby moors now done, just wondered how much longer for those two.ta

a heard that blyth was done but ant bin dwn for a few weeks, do u drive for prices transport

havent been down this week so nice suprise if it is :smiley: , no dont drive for prices [ mind never heard of them] ,

Blythain’t done yet!!!

I think the signs still say roadworks until June.

I still can’t see how they are going to do markham Moor without causing absolute chaos :bulb: :unamused:

i went do to markham moor last friday and was well impressed escailly with worksop roundabout.

Are they doing all the roundabouts down to peterboro.

They are yes.

The ones at Colsterworth and Wittering are only just being started and so won’t be done this side of Christmas I wouldn’t imagine.

Grantham though is brilliant now :laughing:

I think Blyth is due to be finished in May and Markham Moor by the end of the year.

Markham Moor is due at the end of the year

highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/14797.aspx

Blyth is due anytime

highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/13737.aspx

Colsterworth is due in summer 2009

Wittering is due November

The old railway bridge at the High Dyke is being removed to be replaced with a much wider bridge for road traffic.

Hope this helps
Tony

From markam moor can you take the A57
dunham bridge road at night coming from
A1 north or A57 North anston area.

Yes you can

The northbound side at Blyth is now open, although bizarrely they’re sending the southbound traffic down it - presumably because that’s where the morning queue is worst. The Northbound traffic is now down to one lane going over the top, and the queues are predictably big as a result … :cry: … Looking at what’s left of the works it can’t be long now though.

The bits already opened have already knocked about 15 minutes off the trip time on a clear-ish run, btw. That’s compared with before they started rather than during the chaos, too. I can make Sawtry weighbridge in 3.5 hours now running out of Tees at 4.30pm. :open_mouth:

came southbound down a1 yesterday afternoon… yes its open and had to use part of northbound lane.

but the poor sods northbound… 7miles i made the congestion… but that also included a brokern down bus/coach 3 miles away from junction.

It is like the end of an era for Blyth. When I started driving I use to use the old Blue Star up on the concrete ramp. I thought that they may have reused it :stuck_out_tongue: