Bluetooth headsets

Im intrigued to know what people think/prefer. Im now about to embark on my lorry career and am quite technically minded. I use a normal basic Jabra headset for the car but would like something better/more convenient for trucking.

Do people find it easier to have 2 headsets one for work phone and one for personal?
Or
A headset that is multi channel?
A speaker?

I just want to be able to charge it on the go and it have a good amount of talk time. Be able to use 2 mobiles, dont mind if I have to have 2. And would liek to be able to leave phones in cab and be able to walk round trailer/load etc and it stay connected. Also at least relativeluy comfortable…

I don’t want too much… :laughing:

Help and opinions highly appreciated!
Thanks!

Are you employed now?
i mean at the moment?

I had to get one of these even though i’m not a fan of the Borg headsets as you get in to the naughty boys room if you get caught on your phone in the truck nowadays.

Think the sony ericson one you can get from Amazon comes with a “free” car charger. I use a small Samsung one which does the job. I’ve got 4 of these as when I’ve had to change phones, I can never get them to pair with the new phones. Annoying but better than getting banned. You just have to be careful that the ear tip suits you, I like the ones that fit inside the ear.

I’ve got a Jabra bluetooth speaker that clips onto a sunvisor or similar. You can pair it with 2x phones.

£30.00 from Tesco’s, can’t fault it for the money.

Dunno then?..whos asking?

Silver surfer, needs to be good quality sound for when outside cab, and unfortunately the cheaper the headset the worse the quality.

and

gcr2erf, I had one of those before and didn’t like having a speaker compared to something actually in my ear, however there is a nexxus solar pro I have been looking at that is a speak but charges itself by solar so just sits on your window and never needs to be plugged in £25 of amazon…

I use the jawbone icon. It can be paired with both my phones at the same time, has noise cancelling technology and gives audible warnings about talk-time left on battery (plus visable indicator on iphone). Quite expensive though.

grumpybum:
I use the jawbone icon. It can be paired with both my phones at the same time, has noise cancelling technology and gives audible warnings about talk-time left on battery (plus visable indicator on iphone). Quite expensive though.

Thanks that one sounds good now having a look.
Do you find it stays in your ear well? and is comfortable?

truckingalong:

grumpybum:

Thanks that one sounds good now having a look.
Do you find it stays in your ear well? and is comfortable?

I have small ears so always use the supplied ear hook, and have to swivel it around a bit to get it in the right position, but I find it’s worth a few seconds faffing and stays put after that.

i use a little samsung cost me 20 quid from tesco an lasts me a full night easy the only problem i had was the hook snapped after 12 month but u can buy em for a couple of quid for a bag of about 6 of ebay so no big worry