Bluetooth Headsets

Dont really know much about these but is there one that can be connected to 2 phones ie: my own phone and the cab phone?
Or do they all do this?? :blush:

And can anyone recommend a good one?

I think they can all be connected up to multiple devicesā€¦The one I use is a cheap one I got from Vodafone shop about 2 years agoā€¦connected to My iPhone, PS3, Blackberry and one of our Volvos at work.

Adam_Mc:
I think they can all be connected up to multiple devicesā€¦The one I use is a cheap one I got from Vodafone shop about 2 years agoā€¦connected to My iPhone, PS3, Blackberry and one of our Volvos at work.

Not at the same time (unless Iā€™ve got it wrong!). But there are bluetooth devices that will connect two at a time, although the sound quality is not very good on the cheaper ones.

gardun:

Adam_Mc:

Not at the same time (unless Iā€™ve got it wrong!). But there are bluetooth devices that will connect two at a time, although the sound quality is not very good on the cheaper ones.

Iā€™m not sure any bluetooth headset can connect to two audio devices at the same time as it wouldnā€™t know how to prioritise themā€¦laptops canā€™t connect to multiple wifi routers at the same time.

I could be wrong on the bluetooth thing, but Iā€™m pretty sure its one device at a time.

I have got a cheap bluetooth handsfree thingy (not a headset) that will allow two phones to connect at a time, although you can only actually use one at a time.(Would you want to talk on two phones at once anyway?!) Either phone is instantly available to use and both will ring via the bluetooth; there arte two ā€œanswerā€ buttons, one for each channel/phone. However, as I said, the sound quality is not good (too quiet) so I donā€™t use it. Did think about taking an audio output and running it to the aux in of the radio to see if it would help but I havenā€™t got round to it.

All our Mercs have bluetooth equipped radios, but to be honest they are crap if you use cab to cab.

I use one of these. eu.jawbone.com/epages/Jawbone.sf ā€¦ ne2/AllJB2 noise canceling, good battery life nice and loud, and they come with a load of different loops and earpieces.

I can wear mine without a loop as it fits in the ear, a really good piece of kit.

I use a device which will pair to two phones , cost approx Ā£45 in the carphone warehouse and clips to the visor , when either phone rings you just press a button to answer , will check name lateer if your require

N.I Express:
I use a device which will pair to two phones , cost approx Ā£45 in the carphone warehouse and clips to the visor , when either phone rings you just press a button to answer , will check name lateer if your require

Sounds similar to the one I have, but mine was cheaper (you get what you pay for :wink: )

yup, jawbone is the way to go used one for yrs ,as said ,battery life all day, loud enough to hear ,been told sounds v clear. jimmy.

I use a nexus drivesolar attach to windscreen only charged it once in 2 years as it charges by solar panel
Can be used with two devices
Good quality sound for me and caller
Highly recommended

enduromobile.com/nexxus-driv ā€¦ e?vmcchk=1

I use one called Avantalk BTCK-1 paired to work phone and my own one, works OK. Got it clipped to the spare radio / CB slot in a TG MAN. Paid @ Ā£17 for it.

I just have the work phone on divert to my personel phoneā€¦That is connected to the parrot systemā€¦

I use one of these.About 5-6 hrs talk time,charges fully in an hour.Good sound quality.You can put 1 phone on hold while you answer the second.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/AVANTALK-MULTIPOI ā€¦ 0745440168

redbob:
Dont really know much about these but is there one that can be connected to 2 phones ie: my own phone and the cab phone?
Or do they all do this?? :blush:

And can anyone recommend a good one?

why not divert your phone to your cab phone,you only need to have 1 connected to the bluetooth ear piece then.i usually do that if the wagon has a cab phone

I ignore all calls, but then i am an old git

hi stag10 been on the link , looks good to me .its advertised at Ā£25 is that all I need ? no extra leads or adapters required ? I drive many differant vehicles and it needs to be easy set up .thanks in advance

What you want to ask for is a headset with multi-point capability; not all headsets that pair up to two phones, are true multi-point. Using my company & personal phones I use a Plantronics Voyager Pro Plus- not cheap but well worth a look.