Bluetooth hands free when wearing NHS hearing aids.. Ideas?

You need an hearing aid with bluetooth connectivity, this is the one I use:

Just Google “Bluetooth hearing aids”, there are other brands.

I should’ve added that I’m looking for a solution That’ll work with NHS issued hearing aids, iirc Bluetooth enabled hearing aids tend to come at a premium price

peirre:
I should’ve added that I’m looking for a solution That’ll work with NHS issued hearing aids, iirc Bluetooth enabled hearing aids tend to come at a premium price

OK, then it depends on your local PCT and what funding they have, most PCT’s have Oticon and Siemans hearing aids available and, if your lucky, might have subcontracted dispensing to Specsavers. Worth asking as Specsavers will let you pay for upgrades to the basic NHS approved devices, or could provide a bluetooth streamer that will work with your hearing aid.
This thread on another forum is worth a read:

https://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/productsforum.aspx?g=posts&t=7423

Super tooth buddy. No issues with auto dialling.

Bluetooth in one ear, NHS hearing aid in the other, yeah I’m looking for a better solution as well. I’ve just got one aid with the full earpiece but I wear glasses as well which is more of a problem. I fancy one of the aids that just fit in the ear but they aren’t cheap.
Anybody ever dealt with " Hearing Direct " I’ve been thinking of buying one of theirs as they are reasonably priced but I don’t know what they are like. The professor bloke at the Hospital recommended Spec Savers, but last time I looked it was about £800 for some thing I might not get on with.

A JBL wireless speaker?

You could stick it to the dash or door panel next to you. Its goes very loud, and you can answer by pressing the phone or speaker itself. Microphone on it is good, but I confess I haven’t used it at 56mph in a truck.

Cheap too.

Buy a parrot

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

mikemccord72:
Buy a parrot

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Re-read my initial post

F-reds:
and you can answer by pressing the phone

Are we allowed to do that?

just askin’ like

Just don’t answer the phone…
Wear glasses the best option and safest was given but cost.

Have a look at
eBay item number:

Although i have not used that exact Jabra one, i have used similar and none of them auto dial like the parrot.

knight2:
Bluetooth in one ear, NHS hearing aid in the other, yeah I’m looking for a better solution as well. I’ve just got one aid with the full earpiece but I wear glasses as well which is more of a problem. I fancy one of the aids that just fit in the ear but they aren’t cheap.
Anybody ever dealt with " Hearing Direct " I’ve been thinking of buying one of theirs as they are reasonably priced but I don’t know what they are like. The professor bloke at the Hospital recommended Spec Savers, but last time I looked it was about £800 for some thing I might not get on with.

if your talking about the ones that are advertised in daily papers for £20 ? I had one, and thought it was ok for the price , downside was it packed in after about 6 weeks :

I have one of those Parrot Mini things and I find the volume level is too low even when on max but then again I suffer from selective hearing loss, like when the wife wants me to do the garden or decorating. Would rather pay someone to do it or sit and watch her struggle.

Mike-C:
Have a look at
eBay item number:

Although i have not used that exact Jabra one, i have used similar and none of them auto dial like the parrot.

Cheers :slight_smile:
The parrot used to cause me some embarrassing moments, somehow it would try to autodial some far away foreign contact in my phone list sending me into a blind panic trying to stop it before it connected. It seems it was sensitive to certain DJ voices on the radio

syramax:

knight2:

if your talking about the ones that are advertised in daily papers for £20 ? I had one, and thought it was ok for the price , downside was it packed in after about 6 weeks :

No these are proper hearing aids and the one I am looking at cost around £200. I’ve bought the cheap ones before, not worth it.

To save a few bob you could always buy some duct tape and stick the phone to your head. You wouldn’t look no more of a moron than if it was a Bluetooth headset in any case :laughing: :laughing: