Bluetooth Earpiece?

Mine died today and has been consigned to the great bluetooth graveyard in the sky (commonly known as the dustbin).

So was having a look and found this …

cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Jabra-BT2020- … 286.c0.m14

… which seems fine but then stumbled across this …

cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Jabra-SP5050- … dZViewItem

Anyone come across this, or know if they’re any good?

Stan

I use one of these

it’s ok most of the time :wink: and saves you looking like part of the Borg

the ear piece is better them sunvisor kits tend to pick up all the cab noise and the person your talking to has a hard time hearing you. But thats just my personal experience,hope this helps.

That was my thought steve. I like the idea of it being hung on the sunvisor , or elsewhere, but first and foremost I want it to clear.

Denis, what kind of clarity do you get from the call? Is it as clear as an earpiece?

Thanks, Stan

Stanley Knife:
That was my thought steve. I like the idea of it being hung on the sunvisor , or elsewhere, but first and foremost I want it to clear.

Denis, what kind of clarity do you get from the call? Is it as clear as an earpiece?

Thanks, Stan

never used an earpiece :wink: so don’t know ! like I said it’s ok most of the time although not quite as clear as parking up and using the phone normally

That Jabbra is crap, go for the earlier one which has the longer mouth mike.

Jabra IMO are one of the most ccomfy to wear, have a great battery life, easy to charge from 12/24 volt.

I just got this yesterday… cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … 0190493796

Have yet to try it out tomorow, have heard the jawbone is the best on the market.

My mate got one for his birthday on friday, so i will try it with him tomorow and test mine too, his cost 80 quid.

steve

You can be sent to jail for using the bluetooth as well as a phone so no point just use the phone.

Like my sunglasses my bluetooth usually gets dropped from the cab (usually in a puddle too) sat on or thrown at high speed across the cab when I don’t like what I’m hearing , lately that has been a lot. So I spend as little as possible. I don’t have it in my ear all day so comfort is a much smaller issue.

I use the Tesco own brand model. It’s a tenner and when it dies then it don’t hurt too much to go get another one. Current rate of attrition is about 3 a year, so not too bad I guess.

If you are in the same truck all the time though then I have the Parrot CK3100 system installed into the radio. Interupts the radio and the audio comes through the stereo speakers. That works well for me.

jammymutt:
You can be sent to jail for using the bluetooth as well as a phone so no point just use the phone.

Can you? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Where does it say that? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Can you put up a link to back up this statement? :angry:

But for those with more money than sense

direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-0480.aspx

Darby Flyer:
But for those with more money than sense

direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-0480.aspx

Ummmm about £50 cheaper from a USA eBay seller. :wink:

I use a Jabra earpiece and never seem to have a problem with it, not only that but it’s small enough to not really be noticed. Even with constant use it only need recharging every weekend.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-4143.aspx

dinosteveus1:

jammymutt:

Where does it say that? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … iving.html

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derb … 469800.stm

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … crash.html

Does that help?.

Bluetooth is neither legal or illegal.

jammymutt:

dinosteveus1:

jammymutt:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … iving.html

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derb … 469800.stm

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … crash.html

Does that help?.

Bluetooth is neither legal or illegal.

WRONG. You can be sent to Jail for causing a FATAC whilst using a Phone, either Bluetooth or not. FATAC is the word you omitted.

So you can be sent to jail for using a phone, or you can bew sent to jail for using a bluetooth.

It doesnt need to be a fatality either.

Dont use you phone is the other option.

jammymutt:
So you can be sent to jail for using a phone, or you can bew sent to jail for using a bluetooth.

It doesnt need to be a fatality either.

Dont use you phone is the other option.

Don’t say you can be sent to jail for using a Bluetooth or Mobile. You need to ‘do’ something else, you will NOT get jailed for using a Bluetooth on it’s own.
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

at present you are allowed to use hands free communications in vehicles as long as it does not distract you, if you couldnt then surely they would be illegal to sell them as car kits. if it does distract you then you can be charged for driving without due care and attension or even dangerous driving but if you are chatting on your headset/handsfree kit and still concentrating on your driving you will not be done.

i use one of the “O2 blue” headsets and it is clear as anything but i only connect it to the phone when i get in the cab and hang it up somewhere and put it in my ear when it rings and then take it out when im not talking.

i used to have the parrot sunvisor kit and it was quite good but after a while the speaker started to deteriate and it picked up a little bit too much noise on the mic when the windows were open.

SWraith:
I use a Jabra earpiece and never seem to have a problem with it, not only that but it’s small enough to not really be noticed. Even with constant use it only need recharging every weekend.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-4143.aspx

i had one it never saw the night out charge wise :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Veggie:
I use the Tesco own brand model. It’s a tenner and when it dies then it don’t hurt too much to go get another one. Current rate of attrition is about 3 a year, so not too bad I guess.

Very similar to me. Last one £10 from Argos. Tempted to get another.

Giblsa:
i use one of the “O2 blue” headsets and it is clear as anything but i only connect it to the phone when i get in the cab and hang it up somewhere and put it in my ear when it rings and then take it out when im not talking.

Again very similar. To me it’s just a necessary evil. If I could do without it I would - but it’s a better option than getting caught with the phone to my ear.

Veggie:
If you are in the same truck all the time though then I have the Parrot CK3100 system installed into the radio. Interupts the radio and the audio comes through the stereo speakers. That works well for me.

Now this I like, just don’t think it’s an option at the moment - not for the truck anyway!

Stan