Blue Lights

I mean the blue lights that are fitted in cabs, on the dashboards, under vehicles and on bonnets…

Are they legal or not?

I had thought that as they were not flashing they were effectively legal although skirting very close to the law. But then again, talking on your mobile and driving is illegal but not much is done about it…

In C&U Regs when it states “Special Warning Lamp” or “Special Warning Beacon” or "even just “Warning Lamp” or “Warning Beacon” what does that translate to?

Warning Beacon to me means rotating or strobing lights, usually amber, blue, red, green.

Special Warning Lamp/Beacon means Blue.

What do you think?? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Legal if not flashing, or positioned so they could be easily mistaken for flashing, IE behind a grill. I had a blue rope light in my cab window for ages, never a problem.

What’s the rumour that this blue light thing is hinting at batting for the other side?

i was talking to a lad in fife who was telling me that his m8 got stopped by the police in his car and he has them blue lights on the bonnet where the washers go.he was booked for having them as it was illegal. :wink:

What’s the rumour that this blue light thing is hinting at batting for the other side?

FPMSL. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though…

We had a case recently,where one of our Premiums had the roof marker lights in blue,and the examiner during the MOT,failed it on that matter.It turned out that the regular driver,had fitted bulb covers to the bulbs,making them glow blue.They were easily removed in a matter of seconds.

As for rope lights,lights in the grill,etc etc,I’m not sure,but I was under the impression that ANY lights facing forward,had to be white.

Ken.

they are legal providing the bulb cannot be seen i.e tucking them under wings etc is fine.
interior lights are legal anyway. you can have neon lights all over your dash if you like

naff, naff, naff. should be outlawed.
You can even get them that clip to the wiper arms! Now is that going to be mistaken for flashing or what :question: :question:

I was under the impression that ANY lights facing forward,had to be white.

agreed.

They are so borderline legal/illegal that one force will book you and the neighboring force will not.
It is such a grey area that there is no straightforward answer.
Basically, anything that may be considered to be obstructing your view can be ordered to be removed and you may be charged, this includes blue(or any other colour) lights, number plates and bullfighting spears.
The only items allowed to be in the windscreen are the tax disc, O licence and London permit or similar, and these must be placed on the nearside of the windscreen in such a position so as not to impede vision.
I’m surprised that VeMis units are allowed to be placed on the dash, as well as automated bridge tokens, ie Dart Tag and the one for the Severn crossing.

If you need to know look here

http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_3.htm#(Tii)iicolourlightshownlampreflector

north surrey haulage:
If you need to know look here

http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_3.htm#(Tii)iicolourlightshownlampreflector

"silver Surfer:

I heard a rumour (on here somewhere) that if you park in a layby and leave the blue lights on it is a cottaging signal to say you are available for the nasty

That’s right Sean and Silver Surfer, blue lights are used by the gay doggers to show that they are up for a bit of fun. I never realised this industry had such a high percentage of gays but you only have to count the blue lights on trucks to see how many there are…or just maybe they don’t know what it means do you think? :wink: :smiley:

Quinny:
,I’m not sure,but I was under the impression that ANY lights facing forward,had to be white.

Ken.

Nope Ken can’t be true mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What about the GREEN ABS Light which faces forward :wink: :wink: :wink:

The night driver has them in our windscreen don’t think he knows what dogging is. On the otherhand I don’t know what goes on at Fradley at night. Myself I don’t plug them in.

The only colour light mentioned in the regulations as not being allowed to be showing to the front is red, no other colour is mentioned as being not allowed.

Coffeeholic:
The only colour light mentioned in the regulations as not being allowed to be showing to the front is red, no other colour is mentioned as being not allowed.

neat me to it :smiley:

Had those blue aeroplane flashy blue lights on and got pulled, copper said illegal cos flashing, Blue rope was ok and steady blue ok but blue flashing a no no and no red light to the front, blue light in a layby ■■? always thought it was interior light flashing for the come on to poofters :open_mouth:

Coffeeholic:
I never realised this industry had such a high percentage of gays but you only have to count the blue lights on trucks to see how many there are…or just maybe they don’t know what it means do you think? :wink: :smiley:

Nah! you got it wrong Coffee me old china, it’s green lights that are the gay ’ signal ’ lights, which is a bit awkward if your pulling a reefer :wink: , unless all reefer drivers are gay anyway :open_mouth: :laughing:

I think you will find it’s blue cliff! :wink:

Silver_Surfer:

Does that mean all coppers are gay :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Coffeeholic:

…but how many refers do you see with the ‘factory fitted’ info/control lights on the front corner (so the driver can see them in his mirror)?

I saw some the other month that were flashing in a circular motion and were bright red.