Blue lights/sirens..4 a ronalds

whilst travelling through ferryhill saturday, midday…ish towards spennymoor, a cruiser coming in the opposite direction suddenly puts his blue lights and siren on indicates to do a u turn . so i politely stop and let him get on his way… thinking summiks up and he is in a hurry like… as i get to the roundabout a mile up the road here,s these two old bill strolling into mc donalds as if they didnt have a care in the world. i had to do a double take to make sure it was the same two bobbies. yip sure enuff it was…

WHAT A LIBERTY ME THINKS. but at least we can rest easy, knowing our boys in blue are fighting crime on a full stomach… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

probly with a discount too :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
chris

Boggles the mind dont it Tez! Glad to see there aint any taxes getting wasted! :wink:

I obviously can’t comment on the one particular instance, but, I am a paramedic and as such drive on blues regularly. One thing that does frustrate me is if we are given a job so are driving on “blues and twos” only to get stood down a mile or so down the road. It isn’t that frequent, but it does happen occasionally, usually just after you’ve crossed an exceptionally busy junction controlled by lights, leaving us feeling that everyone must be giving us the evil eye.

Again I don’t know about the police, but I know it is more than my job is worth to stick the blues on when not on a job that requires them. Although, the fact they were seen at Maccy D’s is very dodgey!!!

Thats great insight cheers mart!!

As for the boys in Blue maybe it was an emergency■■? everyone knows fries going cold require blue lights? :imp: :imp:

Maccy D’s? Wasn’t Tony starting some kind of illegal strike action/picket line thing that required attendance by two members of the constabulary was it?

A colleague & I were sitting outside an Indian on Saturday evening when an ambulance came flying up the road, blues & tweo’s on, suddenly eveything goes quiet & the Ambulance pulls up behind us, the passenger gets out & runs, at full speed, into the Resurant with his little green bag, a few minutes later he runs out with what we can now see is one of those thermal bags, he looks at my Colleague, a Nurse who knew him, shouted Transfusion & off they drove.
It was a cancelled call, but it looked good.

I’ve seen this happen time and time again… The use of there blue lights.

Theres normally a fair bit of traffic round here, and normally takes a few changes of the lights to get through them. Well, not for mr Plod… On go the Lights, Squeezes through all the traffic, sending cars and vams, flying for the side of the road, up the kerbs, you name it… only to turn them off again, the other side of the lights…
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

seen it all before a police station in our area (sutton) is on a one way system & they go down that the wrong way with the blues on to save going all the way round

all these mobile speed camera vans park illegally either on a bridge or on the side of a dual carriageway.

Coffeeholic:
Maccy D’s? Wasn’t Tony starting some kind of illegal strike action/picket line thing that required attendance by two members of the constabulary was it?

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: