Blue Circle Cement ('Cos it's not all about tarmac tippers!)

#]

Think that’s quite enough for now.I’m getting a headache ! :blush: :frowning:

Them’s some reet motors! Bonkey. I lived on the old A63 as a kid and use to watch the Blue Circle, originally Earles Cement running out of Great Gutter Lane Melton. A bloke near me worked for them and took me with him when I was off school. Those were the days of handball bags

Thanks for the comment Wheel mate.We had an Earles near us at Hope Valley.Certainly don’t remember any of these bar the Routemans (I’m 37 YOA :laughing: ) but as they say,they’re all good ! :smiley:

Must admit to not knowing 'til recently that the Cement Marketing Company (Blue Circle) ran tippers.What were they on ? Clinker ?

No, Im only a lad myself, they were running Camel Handymans, Mastiffs and Mickey Mouse Fodensbut had some local subbies in there with Scania Vabis

those phots are older then me :smiley: :smiley:

nice photos bonkey :wink:

jon

Thanks for the pics BD.When I were a lad :slight_smile: they used to run Leyland Comets out of Hope and known then as Earles Cement as Wheel Nut mentioned.This would be late 40’s/early 50’s.
There’s a day cab 3-axle DAF up the coast at Ramsey still in Blue Circle livery.It’s got some gear on the back for tipping the Ramsey Steamship Company coasters when they bring bulk cement in from Ayr.I understand it gets to Ayr by rail from Dunbar.
Next time I go up to Ramsey I’ll try and get a photo of it.

EX BCC Routeman