Blowout

shade:
I drive a tanker and the discharge controls are situated on the n/s rear of the trailer above the 3 axles .

Last year one of our drivers was discharging the tanker when the rear tyre let go :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Heā€™s a big ole boy , but the force of the blast threw him clean across the yard !! He was lucky he only escaped with relatively minor injuries . It even removed his clothes for him :confused:

That chappy was killed on the A14 either last year or the year before by a tyre going bang, IIRC the poor sod was leaning right over it checking for debris between the wheels.

I no a fellah who was driving a fuel tanker and he was at the tyre checking it as it had puncture and BANG it went it blew across the m1 in ireland luckily it was at 2 in the morning and no one was on the road

Iā€™ve had a trailer tyre blow whilst filling up with diesel before, always sounds louder when your out of the cab. I also had a front suspension air bag go while I was checking my tyre which frightened the **** out of me, and left my ears ringing for ages.

I had one go on o/s rear of rigid I used to drive on the A68 in the middle of Towlaw it was that loud people came out the houses to see what happened It was on an old mill & mix wagon hardest job Ive ever done but only start I could get at first.

I am always worried about a front blowout knowing my luck it will be at the wrong time and place

When I was getting taught about fitting tyres at mechanic school, we were shown a photo of a german fitter whoā€™d been inflating a lorry tyre (it went bang). The wheel was flat on the ground, he was just a splat mark some 100ft plus up on the ceiling :open_mouth:

Just remember about that tyre fitter in Suffolk last year, tyre went off while he was inflating it :frowning:

There is serious pressure in a tyre or even a road tanker, and they can take your head off quite easily.

some years ago now, when i was on the 7.5 tonners and it was a lovely hot summers day and i was just ticking along on auto pilot and i was following a fully loaded tipper up a steep hill, doin about 30 mph, all of a sudden there was this huge bang, zb the life out of me, the tipper had a blow out, i remember literally jumping out of the seat, i hit my head on the roof of the cab lol

that was the 1st and only blow out i have experienced, hope its the only 1 as well

got to agree, the fronts dont half wake you up when they go, this was my front n/side over xmas, nearly made me drop my coffee when it went at 56mph :open_mouth:

001.jpg

buck rogers:
ive had 2 n/s/f steer axle blow outs on the same truck loaded.the first was coming round spaghetti junction onto the a34 right at the topā€¦i heard a loud bang,followed by lots of smoke,but the truck kept going straight thank god (it was a long way down over the side).i couldnt let go of the steering wheel when i stopped for about ten minutesā€¦and had a teeth clenched face for about half an hour.it took out my air pipes and whole of passanger step.
the second one was coming up the outside lane of the a1 round micklefield,when i coudlnt avoid running over a strap lying in the roadā€¦that was more of a delayed burst,but again kept straightā€¦i was more annoyed waiting 2 hours for the tyre company on my way home on a friday afternoonā€¦im wondering what my super singles will go off like if one decides to go now :frowning:

must have blown you off course as well,the a34 is no were near spaghetti.
me thinks you mean A38?

I had one go bang as i was leaving Dover, and ā– ā– ā– ā–  me did it go bang!. Iā€™d just gone over the bridge by the docks, onto the A2, trying to climb that ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hill as you go through the cliffs. That was a fun place to have to stop :unamused:

BIG MAC:
me thinks you mean A38?

I take it you rely on Sat Nav and have never looked at a road map :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

BIG MAC:
me thinks you mean A38?

the A34 is a best 3/4 the length of the A38m away from spag boll. i was there on monday.
to use my local twang

it aint near there mate.

BIG MAC:

Wheel Nut:

BIG MAC:
me thinks you mean A38?

the A34 is a best 3/4 the length of the A38m away from spag boll. i was there on monday.
to use my local twang

it aint near there mate.

It is one junction 6 to 7

I thought I had a blowout the other week there as I head a loud thud come from the trailer but as it happens it was only the live shark in my reefer nose butting the headboard as I hit the brakes

it aint near there mate.
[/quote]
Think youā€™ll find it is!