Blowing fuse

Hi, my ECAS fuse keeps blowing, put a new one in and blow straight away, has anyone got any ideas as to what may cause this please ? :frowning:

I’d imagine it’s short circuit either in the module or the wiring loom to the module.

muckles:
I’d imagine it’s short circuit either in the module or the wiring loom to the module.

Do you know where the module is located ? Will I need a new one ?

Saw this thread title and thought it was another thread about trucker Jay or one of his followers! :laughing:

wally1:

muckles:

That I can’t tell you, just from experience if a fuse blows straight away it’s often due to a short circuit. On old cars I’ve used multimeters to trace open circuits.
You really need somebody who understands truck electrics, preferably the electronics of the make of truck you have.
There are a couple on here one being Norb, who I believe works for DAF, there is also somebody who works for Renault.

You really need that sorting by someone in the know .

That’s a recipe for a fire by the sound of it.

muckles:

wally1:

muckles:

That I can’t tell you, just from experience if a fuse blows straight away it’s often due to a short circuit. On old cars I’ve used multimeters to trace open circuits.
You really need somebody who understands truck electrics, preferably the electronics of the make of truck you have.
There are a couple on here one being Norb, who I believe works for DAF, there is also somebody who works for Renault.

Many thanks for the help Muckles, can I just message Norb do you know mate ?

Have a quick read of this fault find :
meritorwabco.com/MeritorWABC … t/mm36.pdf

other than that , as said , get the garage to check before it fires,… **Do Not [/b]put a higher amp fuse in .**[/u]

With no information about the vehicle, the only obvious place to look at is the wander lead for the ‘remote’.
Have you trapped it in the driver’s seat mechanism or slammed the door on it?

trux:
Have a quick read of this fault find :
meritorwabco.com/MeritorWABC … t/mm36.pdf

other than that , as said , get the garage to check before it fires,… **Do Not [/b]put a higher amp fuse in .[/u]
[u]
[/quote]**[/u]
Many thanks for the info, I will give it a look thank you

cav551:
With no information about the vehicle, the only obvious place to look at is the wander lead for the ‘remote’.
Have you trapped it in the driver’s seat mechanism or slammed the door on it?

Hi, I have tried unplugging the lead to check already and the fuse blow with it unplugged. Its a DAF fa lf45 170 library bus, not a lorry as such but it must I would of thought be lorry based.