Bloody wind!

And not the personal sort either!

Parked up langdons Dover, grabbed my preferred spot just outside by their car park, much quieter than parking in their yard.

Now the bloody wind has got up, cab is being blown about to buggery! If I’d parked in the yard at least I would’ve been sheltered by the building a bit.

Can’t bloody win!

ive just parked in abergaveny, and its the bsame here… blowing about all over the place.

parked inbetween to flats, so no dout they will be p*****g them selvs @ me with my curtain sider lol.

i dont mind any weather, but i hate the wind as you can do nothing about it… if its gonna take ya its gonna take ya.

I’m parked unit only, trailer is being loaded overnight!

Have dumped the air suspension which has helped a bit… But still not great.

Love sleeping in the wind rocks you to sleep but I can sleep though most things

Angus25:

I’m the same.

We got a lad heading for Rosslare this evening. I do not envy him

With these gales after all the wet weather etc,a lot of big trees are weak and someone is going to get hurt or worse with them blowing down.
Trees should no longer be planted by the roadside !

I saw 2 trailers lose their roofs last night on the m62-M6 bloody winy going past Saddleworth .

martyh:
I saw 2 trailers lose their roofs last night on the m62-M6 bloody winy going past Saddleworth .

Is that because they pulled their curtains back and didn’t open the back doors??

DaiDap:

Angus25:

I’m the same.

We got a lad heading for Rosslare this evening. I do not envy him

Been keeping a eye on the shipping forecasts around the coasts it will be OK down that neck of the woods for a few hours, the ferry may roll a bit but that’s what boats do :sunglasses:

Yeah, I found it was a bit breezy yesterday and today. Yesterday I had a six wheeler flatbed with the load strapped and sheeted. Today I was only in a 7.5t so the sheet was smaller and more manageable but the gusts could still cause take off issues :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Good luck to getting some decent kip tonight out there :wink: :unamused: :sunglasses:

Been a horrible couple of days for sure, been running light most of the past 2 days to add to the fun :frowning:

On a side note whilst crawling across the 62 back from Bradford in the rain and wind and spray following people who can’t drive doing 30mph I actually saw some workmen working on the roadworks !!! shock horror !!!

i thought about pulling my curtains back today,but as i’ve not been fully trained up in how to do it,decided not to.the large company i work for don’t like drivers using common sense :frowning: and if anything went wrong,i’d be in big trouble.better to risk being blown over.

Phantom Mark:
I actually saw some workmen working on the roadworks !!!

Is it April 1st?

I was running empty today across the A53 from Leek to Buxton with a 14"6 curtain, frightened the ■■■■■■■ life out of me in places

I ran back from London way, I’m so glad that 6 pallets of cement I couldn’t unload were in the middle of the trailer. Going to scotch tomorrow fully laden via the A66, just hope I’ve got a reload, packed an extra pair of undercracks just in case I’m running back empty.

Be careful out there guys & gals.

FarnboroughBoy11:

martyh:

Is that because they pulled their curtains back and didn’t open the back doors??

don’t think so ,i hve a feeling they where loaded as they kept the curtains closed and tied the flapping roof to the curtains they where the canvass type roofs that fold back ,maybe they where already damaged allowing the wind to get under them

Saw a hancocks with the roof collapsed in on a euro liner on the 62 just now, krone cardboard engineering for you.

Macalla’somthing’ artic gone over late morning today at on the A1 southbound at Stannington. Never heard it announced on the radio either.
Looked like the driver got out and was ok.

Another one later on, went over on the A1 at Chester le Street.

Must admit on more than one occasion this week my arse has been twitching like a rabbits nose :open_mouth:

I start making pirate noises.
Arrrrgh, is that all ya got, Arrrrgh tis only a breeze.