Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Hi lads,
Not been on for a week or two did a run down to Spain been out for a fortnight :smiley:
Your lights looking sharp there John…not seen you on the road for a while mate !
Steve you been busy ?
And how’s your Nephew recovering …well I hope !

Pic of me in Alicante Spain last week in the sunshine :smiley:

Hi mark,another free holiday :laughing: :laughing: ,glad you ok yes them lights are bright I didn’t realise how bright they are that’s why I had to move them from the front they were lighting the road signs up now the bunk area looks better ,at least you had better weather than us hope your mam is ok :smiley:

Great Photo Mark , I would love a job to Spain ,even as a porter :laughing: , two weeks holiday !

Young Steven ,is getting better Thank you ,hopefully be back at the start of March :smiley: , we will see !

Picking up ,phones ringing more frequent now , been doing more quotes now .

How is your mum ?

What was your Spain run like ?

I had a ex BIshops driver who I know here in the week ! looking for a job ,he got pulled at Stafford on a 7.5t at the same time Robinsons did , they sacked him ! but Bishops have made a mistake and he look them to court ! he is going to work on Robinsons ,7.5t euro driver !

smallcoal:
Hi mark,another free holiday :laughing: :laughing: ,glad you ok yes them lights are bright I didn’t realise how bright they are that’s why I had to move them from the front they were lighting the road signs up now the bunk area looks better ,at least you had better weather than us hope your mam is ok :smiley:

Hi John,
My mam is ok at present best she has been for a while mate …thanks for asking.
I did laugh to myself when you said your lights were lighting the road signs up mate :smiley:
I would think they look impressive with the colours or of your cab from the outside to.
How you finding crossing the bridge on Fridays now the toll is gone ?

JAKEY:
Great Photo Mark , I would love a job to Spain ,even as a porter :laughing: , two weeks holiday !

Young Steven ,is getting better Thank you ,hopefully be back at the start of March :smiley: , we will see !

Picking up ,phones ringing more frequent now , been doing more quotes now .

How is your mum ?

What was your Spain run like ?

I had a ex BIshops driver who I know here in the week ! looking for a job ,he got pulled at Stafford on a 7.5t at the same time Robinsons did , they sacked him ! but Bishops have made a mistake and he look them to court ! he is going to work on Robinsons ,7.5t euro driver !

Hi Steve,
My mam doing well at the moment … thanks for asking.
Glad to hear young Steven on the mend to…he must be looking forward to going back to work after is ordeal. … .just to put it behind him…I wish him all the best.
My run down to Spain was great Steve…lovely change and lovely weather…took two jobs down in total 1900ft…my first job to Alicante access great second job to Murcia lower down at to be transhipped in…but in all both jobs went well…picked up two jobs to come back in total 1850ft one from Malaga residence access good and the second out of a self store in Valencia…tipped them both in the UK…Northampton and Bridgend…both nice jobs to…and very rewarding to :smiley:

There is a lot of that about Steve over loading these 7.5 …the problem as you know with a lot of them is the three pallet bodies and the height to carry the containers…very top heavy when fully loaded with out the containers.
We have the same problem with us the two 3 pallet vans we have…one is a 7.5 and the other is a 10 tonner the lad on the 7.5 is very keen he watches what weight he carries very carefully in all fairness.
The two three pallet van pictured here on a big move at Swansea University before Christmas.

Thank you Mark ,for your response , that trip was a good paying job then ? nice to have two drops and even better two too return ,very nice !!! :smiley:

Glad to hear your mums doing well .

We stopped having the 7 tonners years ago because of the front axle problem ,but I still got my 6t and a 3.5t ,so we have to becareful these days . :open_mouth:

JAKEY:
Thank you Mark ,for your response , that trip was a good paying job then ? nice to have two drops and even better two too return ,very nice !!! :smiley:

Glad to hear your mums doing well .

We stopped having the 7 tonners years ago because of the front axle problem ,but I still got my 6t and a 3.5t ,so we have to becareful these days . :open_mouth:

PM You !

Hi lads ,my load today 2 tall pallets up front 6 ibc 5 rolls and stuff on back me tipping the rolls in Cheltenham they come from France and cost £1000 a roll

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

nice load there John , hope you were just going to strap that lot !!! :laughing:

Right then lads ,not to happy , (1) No work !!! (2) new truck on order (most likely made the biggest mistake whilst owning this old company) ordered a new truck and have no work !!! (3) truck was suppose to be here by now
but now there saying mid to late March (4) its going to miss this quarters vat bill ,which will pee me off big time ,I just hope its meets my end of year quarter which is by the 31st of March (or I will hit the roof) :open_mouth:

JAKEY:
nice load there John , hope you were just going to strap that lot !!! :laughing:

Hi Steve just taken the straps off ready to tip sorry to hear you got no work mate gutting for you there’s a web site which firms put jobs on ,our firm advertises if we stuck I will try to get the name for you

Hello John , I was only kidding about the straps ,I knew you would have it strapped well .

Had a call round trying to drum work up ,even Robinsons have gone dead , wagons would cope well with light pallet work but heavy pallets we would struggle due to stapping down , I was thinking of contacting a very old local haulage company ,as they have no rigids just the bendy ones !!! either that or I will go on the :open_mouth: nights !! thanks for your concern !! I bloody read 2019 wrong !

smallcoal:
Hi lads ,my load today 2 tall pallets up front 6 ibc 5 rolls and stuff on back me tipping the rolls in Cheltenham they come from France and cost £1000 a roll

Hi John,
Nice mixed load there mate !
What are those rolls …what’s there use for mate ?

image.jpeg-1.jpg

JAKEY:
Hello John , I was only kidding about the straps ,I knew you would have it strapped well .

Had a call round trying to drum work up ,even Robinsons have gone dead , wagons would cope well with light pallet work but heavy pallets we would struggle due to stapping down , I was thinking of contacting a very old local haulage company ,as they have no rigids just the bendy ones !!! either that or I will go on the :open_mouth: nights !! thanks for your concern !! I bloody read 2019 wrong !

Hi Steve,
It is slow at the moment mate isn’t it…I think these idiots and there handling of Brexit has not helped. …which ever way you voted.
Hopefully after the 29th of March it may be more clearer to where we are all at…I’m sure you will drought it one way or another…Tought Decisions have to be made sometimes in any business.

PM You

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John,
Nice mixed load there mate !
What are those rolls …what’s there use for mate ?

Hi mark they use them for paper prints they are carbon rolls we take them to cotex papers in Morton in the marsh they come from France by xpo then we carry them ,the front of it is 6 ibc from Belgium special ink ,try this site they advertise for couriers you give them a price for a job it cmx transport solutions they always got work for trucks

Bedford TK 1967.

Click on page twice.

Sorry lads it’s courier exchange is the website for jobs ,nice pic of the Bedford Dean :smiley:

Hi all,these of deans page,mark do you know anything about this Welsh firm move hire,lifestyle were christie Tyler

How’s this for a removal truck from Nottingham :laughing:

image.jpeg

John , god that looks ugly ,no way thank you , but I suppose as long as it does the job !! I wonder if that was a Marsden body ? it looks like there design ! IM OUT !