Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

1. now we have international on the vans (well this one so far) we never bothered to do international but as the current staff want it! we now do not say NO.

Hi Steve,nice pics of the trucks mate ,hi mark where was you running back from this morning,I was watching Wales on tv I recorded they show two different years there’s a websters marsden on it emptying a hotel in saundersfoot which blew up old school removal I not been west at all mostly over the bridge :smiley:

Australia 1964.

removals perth aus 64 premo.PNG

DEAN ,the big Albion looks a bit of a brute .

Posh area Jakey, after I left wagons, did quite a bit of college contracting, Nuffield College had two staff houses there, one on Lakeside and one on the main road(service road) the head chef and the steward. When retiring, part of their retirement package was the deeds (ownership), they both sold up and bought bungalows, one moved to Begbroke and the other to Kidlington, nice people and firm friends.
Oily

Oily ,yes I would love one of those houses that looks over that lake !!! ,this house was a new build on the corner.

oiltreader:
Posh area Jakey, after I left wagons, did quite a bit of college contracting, Nuffield College had two staff houses there, one on Lakeside and one on the main road(service road) the head chef and the steward. When retiring, part of their retirement package was the deeds (ownership), they both sold up and bought bungalows, one moved to Begbroke and the other to Kidlington, nice people and firm friends.
Oily

Hi Steve ,is that a one man or two sleeper pod are they comfy as well,

Hello John, the old DAF is a one man sleeper but our new TGL is going to be a two man sleeper (but that will be fun),this DAF replaced a old Renault Commando with just curtains and night heater so my brother never moaned when I bought the DAF ,but these days we do need a two man ,our TGM is a three man and has plenty of room .

How are you ?

JAKEY:
Hello John, the old DAF is a one man sleeper but our new TGL is going to be a two man sleeper (but that will be fun),this DAF replaced a old Renault Commando with just curtains and night heater so my brother never moaned when I bought the DAF ,but these days we do need a two man ,our TGM is a three man and has plenty of room .

How are you ?

Hi Steve,I’m ok mate still doing silly runs which our night man can’t get right :laughing: ,how do a three man outfit sleep two on top one on bottom bunk ,we are up and down with jobs at the minute come December we be flat out again you busy up there ,I remember the time sleeping in the back on a sofa with a sleeping bag and blankets mark will tell you the same good old days cheers John

Hello John ,

Yes on “the hoffs” truck ,one behind the seats and too upstairs ,but we do not send three very often !

I have been slow for about three weeks and like today I am on Robinsons and infact four of us yesterday and today but two every day this week ,my job I was on the client said he was giving us £250 in a cheque for the five which were on the job !! I now on another job so wont see mine .

I do not mind working for them as its not my job and no stress ,I let the boss there stress about the jobs ,Mondays job 4k cubic feet over four days with bad access each end and with a 200 book cartons alone ,must be 50 china to pack too , any way today with my son I have 500ft Henley to Stokenchurch with a full pack , I be in Chris’s cafe Stokenchurch for midday !!!

JAKEY:
Hello John ,

Yes on “the hoffs” truck ,one behind the seats and too upstairs ,but we do not send three very often !

I have been slow for about three weeks and like today I am on Robinsons and infact four of us yesterday and today but two every day this week ,my job I was on the client said he was giving us £250 in a cheque for the five which were on the job !! I now on another job so wont see mine .

I do not mind working for them as its not my job and no stress ,I let the boss there stress about the jobs ,Mondays job 4k cubic feet over four days with bad access each end and with a 200 book cartons alone ,must be 50 china to pack too , any way today with my son I have 500ft Henley to Stokenchurch with a full pack , I be in Chris’s cafe Stokenchurch for midday !!!

Hi Steve nice cuppa and fry up can’t fault it ,it’s nice to let someone else stress,good on you mate

Easy peesey yesterday apart from a badley maintained transit ,400 cft with packing ,as I said above , took my time and got back at 4ish ,swepted the back out and loaded some heavy imports which are being delivered today but another driver ,I am in my office and doing quotes for two days but I do have two men on Robinsons today and four tomorrow ,but Friday we are busy and most of next week ,my wagon needs a wash so I do that Thursday when every one has left.

Some more I’ve come across since last posting.
Oily

Removals Ronnie 13120891685_3db715f7b4 rcc _k.jpg

Removals Richard 44267320744_0774e31823 rs _k.jpg

Removals Richard 30697063158_fc75f76a78rs _k.jpg

Removals Richard 29444019377_ed015da360rs _k.jpg

Thanks Oily ,great photos ,love the yellow one .

Old but trusty Daf on local on/off moving in Oxford today , busy next week on distance work though .

mark ,any recent photos of your wagon ? you been quite lately ? John how about your wagon ?