Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Hello Mark, the Tiverton is this week , I take my old girl there band young ginger will meet me there in his 3.5 sprinter ,pack /load and travel home ,deliver next day .

How about this baby , just built by SBR ?

New TGM now signed and ordered ,chassis due in the uk in September , hopefully be on the road by December , now the hard thing to tell my brother , my lad was saying they he wont drive any thing but his DAF as it has a bloody good turning circle :unamused: , now I need to show him what the MAN has on it ? are you on auto box ?

I thought I better post this picture of the arse end for John ,to see what he is missing from a modern Removal wagon , No tailboards and roller shutters now !!! :laughing:

Any way Mark , is there still a depot at Bicester ? Did you know any of the lads there ? because I know some one who was a driver there who did Europe who now works close to me on a builders merchant , I get his name .

marktaff:

smallcoal:
Hi mark,jakey and Paul, there’s a blast I knew he had ex Christies I remember that now that reg slipped by me he bought a few of bowns I got a pic here someone in treforest had a scrap yard and this was found ,I hope mark not causing a riot up your neck of the woods jakey :laughing: them steep hills still there ,we were all like a butchers dog back then ,I think I eat all the dog food :laughing: :laughing: cheers boys John

Hi John…unlike you mate for anything to do with Jones’s slipping your mind :smiley:
If I’m not mistaken the pick of the Christies D series you posted there was in Jeff Ways scrap yard in Upper boat just of the A470…I remember seeing it there a long time back…I think it is one of the same batch of DSeries from Associated upholstery i talked about …if i remeber it’s CTG 207V …I think someone from the Rhonda ran her out of Contour upholstery in the Valley.

The pic I’ve attached appeared on the south Wales hauliers page a while back Andrew Coombes posted it for somebody else… Nevline tractor unit…behind it I’m sure ie CTG 200V Associated D series we ran.

Hope Andrew don’t mind me using the pic.
Regards Mark

Hi mark,Nevline I remember good pic of three of the fords there,you are right about the a470 it’s on power station hill ,one subby I remember was boots he drove a green d series used to pull out of outline hope your truck is better now cheers John

I have tried magnifying the back trucks with a glass but can’t make out the reg I’m sure that is associated up in glyngorrwg on the estate I will look it up :smiley: ,I think you could be right about the reg :smiley:

JAKEY:
Hello Mark, the Tiverton is this week , I take my old girl there band young ginger will meet me there in his 3.5 sprinter ,pack /load and travel home ,deliver next day .

New TGM now signed and ordered ,chassis due in the uk in September , hopefully be on the road by December , now the hard thing to tell my brother , my lad was saying they he wont drive any thing but his DAF as it has a bloody good turning circle :unamused: , now I need to show him what the MAN has on it ? are you on auto box ?

Steve that’s a lovely bit of kit there mate…that body looks realy plush mate…would love to see more of that with rear doors or container doors open…you were up there this week were you …the body builder I mean…that’s a realy nice paint job to !

33601730_1779695322085599_7118729549466042368_n.jpg

marktaff:

JAKEY:

Steve that’s a lovely bit of kit there mate…that body looks realy plush mate…would love to see more of that with rear doors or container doors open…you were up there this week were you …the body builder I mean…that’s a realy nice paint job to !

I think Cooks are a new Britannia member to.

marktaff:

marktaff:

JAKEY:

I think Cooks are a new Britannia member to.

Steve yes it’s an auto box in the DAF I drive.

smallcoal:

marktaff:

smallcoal:
Hi mark,jakey and Paul, there’s a blast I knew he had ex Christies I remember that now that reg slipped by me he bought a few of bowns I got a pic here someone in treforest had a scrap yard and this was found ,I hope mark not causing a riot up your neck of the woods jakey :laughing: them steep hills still there ,we were all like a butchers dog back then ,I think I eat all the dog food :laughing: :laughing: cheers boys John

Hi John…unlike you mate for anything to do with Jones’s slipping your mind :smiley:
If I’m not mistaken the pick of the Christies D series you posted there was in Jeff Ways scrap yard in Upper boat just of the A470…I remember seeing it there a long time back…I think it is one of the same batch of DSeries from Associated upholstery i talked about …if i remeber it’s CTG 207V …I think someone from the Rhonda ran her out of Contour upholstery in the Valley.

The pic I’ve attached appeared on the south Wales hauliers page a while back Andrew Coombes posted it for somebody else… Nevline tractor unit…behind it I’m sure ie CTG 200V Associated D series we ran.

Hope Andrew don’t mind me using the pic.
Regards Mark

Hi mark,Nevline I remember good pic of three of the fords there,you are right about the a470 it’s on power station hill ,one subby I remember was boots he drove a green d series used to pull out of outline hope your truck is better now cheers John

John I remember him to Bootsy they called him…not to get him confused with Daibootsy !

I think he put a few new trucks on the road a Daf 1900 ridgid and a Merc Luton van with Rush Wagon written on it…but can’t remember what he called himself ?

Yes that’s right he was hell of a character,I’m still trying to work out the pic location it’s not glyngorrwg ,I will work it out I will put it on South Wales thread :smiley:

Hello John, No I stole that picture off there face book page , it looks bloody lovely .

My 616 Sprinter , I love driving this is is very handy for the couple of contracts I have with bathroom and kitchen deliveries ,I do not go very far with this but this week I am going to Tiverton, I do have a bed and night heater and curtains in the cab . I am going to replace here in 18 months and have another 12t on a short chassis with a under slung tail lift ,with a double sleeper next time .

2, better than a 3.5 t ,but still only under 2t payload . I am the only one who enjoys driving her but that suits me fine .

JAKEY:
2, better than a 3.5 t ,but still only under 2t payload . I am the only one who enjoys driving her but that suits me fine .

Steve she’s a lovely looking truck…you don’t realise how handy these little pallet vans are until there gone mate…that realy is an alround little truck…that taillift alone…you thought if everything when you built her obviously !

marktaff:

JAKEY:

Steve she’s a lovely looking truck…you don’t realise how handy these little pallet vans are until there gone mate…that realy is an alround little truck…that taillift alone…you thought if everything when you built her obviously !

Hi jakey and mark ,what does the van tare at empty ,they are good tai lifts on there,I’m down the West Country tomorrow night out :smiley:

smallcoal:

marktaff:

JAKEY:

Hi jakey and mark ,what does the van tare at empty ,they are good tai lifts on there,I’m down the West Country tomorrow night out :smiley:

Hi John… not going to get a nose bleed crossing the bridge mate are you :smiley:
How you doing mate where you hoping to be tommorow night mate ?
Will have to swap those removal mags mate got some more for you…and some CMs to !

marktaff:

smallcoal:

marktaff:

JAKEY:

Hi John… not going to get a nose bleed crossing the bridge mate are you :smiley:
How you doing mate where you hoping to be tommorow night mate ?
Will have to swap those removal mags mate got some more for you…and some CMs to !

Hi mark,I got chipping sodbury first then Hayle,penryn park up finishing Plymouth Friday then back to yard easy day ,I will see where I am next week

John nice to have a easy day Friday mate… I’m in St Neots Cambridge tonight. …tipping first thing in the morning then run down to Redhill Surrey for Friday morning…then home to mate…keep intouch mate.

Hello lads , I look out for you both then !

John , the tail lift can be in the way at times but the ramps fit to the end or sides and you can run the items quicker then ,but when your not in a hurry its fine! most of this week I have been on local pallet deliveries but today and tomorrow this move in Tiverton to Oxford ,sadly we are going down empty but there is no price on the job so its up to me how much !!! :open_mouth:

We got lots coming in at the moment too .