Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Thank you Mark, already had the thumbs up from John , its not me but THE HOFF and my son who are delivering to a self store on site .

H.T.Millington bedford from Mould.

Thank you Dean ,that’s a proper removal wagon with a well .

Hi jakey, how did the job go I was in Bodmin last night parked up so didn’t see your van ,hope no damage to paintwork John

Hello John,

They not called to say any problem so NO news is Good news :laughing: , they txt to say they were parking up in Haverford west and going to watch the football , Phil is a Chelsea supporter :open_mouth: , I check the van for branch marks later !!! lol ,infact Phil polished some light marks at the top out last week .

Hi mark and jakey ,thanks for the lend of the mags here’s some pics out of one of them I can’t remember how good they are :smiley:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Remploy used these type of cabs with pods on

image.jpeg

smallcoal:
Hi mark and jakey ,thanks for the lend of the mags here’s some pics out of one of them I can’t remember how good they are :smiley:

Hi John,
Bit of nostalgia there mate…a lot as change in thirty years mate !

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John,

Oh yes Deffo ,wish I had a time machine to go back to the 80,s back with the old boys again :smiley:

smallcoal:

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John,

Oh yes Deffo ,wish I had a time machine to go back to the 80,s back with the old boys again :smiley:

John indeed mate same thought here…not so many characters about these days…everything to serious today.
Remember when I first started going away going north always stopped in Leigh…lot of South Wales lads stopped there always remember one guy called Mike…drove for Ellis Morgan a character keep you going all night…with a couple of pints good old days.

Photo courtesy of DEAN Paul Gee’s collection

A02070.jpg

Mark and John ,that Bedford Marsden looks a bit high to load :open_mouth: no air suspension in those days so the ramps would of ever been very long or even steeper !!! .

JAKEY:
Mark and John ,that Bedford Marsden looks a bit high to load :open_mouth: no air suspension in those days so the ramps would of ever been very long or even steeper !!! .

Hi Jakey…yes good old Bedford TK 1260 …500 engine 5 speed box…no turbo…no air suspension. …but they were flying machines before the speed limiters…they would cruise at 70mph…but would be very lucky to get 100 thousand miles out of an engine they were like paper the engines back then…but a cheap truck to run…Ellis Morgan ran a fleet of these bay loader ones mainly on contract work…how you doing Jakey…you busy mate ?

A02070.jpg

Hello Mark , yes mate I am fine thank you ,how are you ? we are still flat out and I am doing loads of quotes ,mostly local at the moment so “the hoff” will be down in the dumps :laughing: he loves distance jobs :smiley: , might have a job to take to tiverton soon and just had another enquiry to bring one back from Tiverton so hoping to plan these two together ,also got on/off in Plymouth to do for my sister (freebie) ,got to fit this in some how .

Might start putting the feelers out for more France moves as my lad is keen for us to branch out.

New MAN TGL due end of the year so got to break it to my brother the DAF is going !!! :open_mouth: he is a right funny bugger when it comes down to change and he might argue his point but its starting to cost us money .

Where you been lately ?

JAKEY:
Hello Mark , yes mate I am fine thank you ,how are you ? we are still flat out and I am doing loads of quotes ,mostly local at the moment so “the hoff” will be down in the dumps :laughing: he loves distance jobs :smiley: , might have a job to take to tiverton soon and just had another enquiry to bring one back from Tiverton so hoping to plan these two together ,also got on/off in Plymouth to do for my sister (freebie) ,got to fit this in some how .

Might start putting the feelers out for more France moves as my lad is keen for us to branch out.

New MAN TGL due end of the year so got to break it to my brother the DAF is going !!! :open_mouth: he is a right funny bugger when it comes down to change and he might argue his point but its starting to cost us money .

Where you been lately ?

Hi Jakey…I’m fine mate…been very busy with us locally to …loading job for Buckingham next Tuesday Wednesday tip Thursday… Jakey got to keep family happy hope you’ve given your sister packing before hand mate…always nice to arrive and all packing done…least she can do if your doing her a favour mate :smiley: …your Brother turning is nose up at a new truck…automatic to…is he mad…by the sounds of it your lad is hungry for that truck…let that lad loose be a great experience for him doing France mate…he would learne a great deal from it mate…he sounds like me at that age…good luck to him

Hello Mark, Great to hear your delivering my way I look out for you :slight_smile: ,where will you stop overnight ? you can park in my yard if you want buddy ?

Regards Steve

marktaff:

JAKEY:

Hi Jakey…yes good old Bedford TK 1260 …500 engine 5 speed box…no turbo…no air suspension. …but they were flying machines before the speed limiters…they would cruise at 70mph…but would be very lucky to get 100 thousand miles out of an engine they were like paper the engines back then…but a cheap truck to run…Ellis Morgan ran a fleet of these bay loader ones mainly on contract work…how you doing Jakey…you busy mate ?

Hi,

Our experience was completely opposite to what you say of the 12.6 ton GVW Bedford with either Marsden or Vanplan integral bodies. We had aprox 60 of these with 500 cu in engine and 95% of them exceeded 300,000 miles on first engine. Many afterwards managed a further 300,000 miles plus when they were fitted with replacement Bedford short motors. We never had a 500 do less than 250,000 miles. Sadly for the manufactures that fitted Perkins 6.354 engines, we never had a vehicle achieve 250,000 miles. However we had 6 TM tractor units with 500 engines and they did not achieve as high mileage.

Carl Williams:

marktaff:

JAKEY:

Hi,

Our experience was completely opposite to what you say of the 12.6 ton GVW Bedford with either Marsden or Vanplan integral bodies. We had aprox 60 of these with 500 cu in engine and 95% of them exceeded 300,000 miles on first engine. Many afterwards managed a further 300,000 miles plus when they were fitted with replacement Bedford short motors. We never had a 500 do less than 250,000 miles. Sadly for the manufactures that fitted Perkins 6.354 engines, we never had a vehicle achieve 250,000 miles. However we had 6 TM tractor units with 500 engines and they did not achieve as high mileage.

Hi Carl…many of the 500s I drove and new of only managed 300 thousand miles with the short motor included… and the other common fault with the short motor would be drop a conrod throght the side of the engine…I new of a few 500s to do this after being fitted by the main Bedford dealer…but i don’t know weather this might be to do with the speed some we’re capable of doing ?

JAKEY:
Hello Mark, Great to hear your delivering my way I look out for you :slight_smile: ,where will you stop overnight ? you can park in my yard if you want buddy ?

Regards Steve

Hi Steve…thanks for that…I’m not sure how far up I will get on the Wednesday but will keep that in mind mate.

Hi mark and jakey,one out of the mag ,I like the defects written on the back of a mag :laughing: :laughing:

image.jpeg

smallcoal:
Hi mark and jakey,one out of the mag ,I like the defects written on the back of a mag :laughing: :laughing:

Hi John,
Lol…typical Bedford defects mate…I’m glad your enjoying …when your done with them mags I will swap them with some more mate…also got a few old 70s Commercial Motor mags also you can have a lend of mate.
Cheers Mark