Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

thank you oiley .

Robinsons Vancraft removal truck.

Thank you Dean , that looks lovely .

DEANB:
Robinsons Vancraft removal truck.

Hi Dean…that’s a lovely looking van …Robinson’s colours and lettering design have always realy stood out…not like Jakey’s…must be something in the water with some of the Oxford movers :smiley:

Here is a Griff Fender Bedford KM…these were one of the standard Pickfords removal vans back in the 70s-80s. …but these Griff Fender KMs were taller than the standard KMs of the Pickfords fleet…they were taller to service the mail order contract Pickfords had at that time to get the Three piece suites three high when loaded.
Regards Mark

IMG_0001.jpg

Hi mark ,jakey and Carl some removal pics Paul Matthews is Bridgend based cheers John

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great photo’s John , Paul Mathews fleet look nice .

JAKEY:
Great photo’s John , Paul Mathews fleet look nice .

Hi jakey Matthews is a family firm they take pride in the trucks I have delivered furniture for storing at their warehouse which is immaculate,here’s a Birmingham firm cheers John

Now there proper Removal wagons with a big luton , hope you have not forgot what went on the luton first ?

JAKEY:
Now there proper Removal wagons with a big luton , hope you have not forgot what went on the luton first ?

The Bedford marsden we had had a bed in the Luton ,as for loading always put small stuff on first then big stuff and build back making sure the kettle is last on first off as we used to say

Hi John and Jakey,
Lovely pics there John…a lot of people especialy in South Wales or Wales as a whole wouldn’t know that the Co.op also carried out removals in other parts of the country…what I always remember about the Co.op especialy in the North and the Midlands they were big Marsden fans back in the day…always had Marsden bodied vans Bedfords mainly.

Matthews do have a nice well kept fleet John…and very nice people to deal with…I know the son runs it now …I went to there warehouse last year to pic a job up for France…I remember Paul the father very well …very nice guy…the new Merc they have is a nice looking truck.

Regards Mark

image.jpeg

Hi mark remember these ,I used these courtesy of Ron weatherall with his permission a big thank you Ron for allowing me to use ,cheers John

smallcoal:
Hi mark remember these ,I used these courtesy of Ron weatherall with his permission a big thank you Ron for allowing me to use ,cheers John

John…yes I remember Davies well…they were the main haulier back in the day for that clothing company …they had a factory in Fforestfach and Cardigan…
The Bedford you have posted here was an X Pickfords distribution truck with a demountable body…the company name has just come to me they hauled for …Dewhurst

image-25.jpg

marktaff:

smallcoal:

John…yes I remember Davies well…they were the main haulier back in the day for that clothing company …they had a factory in Fforestfach and Cardigan…
The Bedford you have posted here was an X Pickfords distribution truck with a demountable body…the company name has just come to me they hauled for …Dewhurst

They no longer going anymore ,dew hurst are in capel hendre now

smallcoal:

Nice wheel base on the AWD John,exciting times on some roundabouts etc ! :laughing:

Vancraft body.

Here you go John ,just incase you forgot how to fold the blankets correctly !

I can still fold blankets and stack them you young whippersnapper :laughing: :laughing: old removal men don’t forget cheers John

Just keeping a old furniture bumper on his toes “John” ,what do you reckon Mark ? , I bet your Porter always bought the breakfast too ? , polished the cab from top to bottom and swept the back out ? :laughing: and I bet he walked backwards up the stairs ? :laughing:

JAKEY:
Just keeping a old furniture bumper on his toes “John” ,what do you reckon Mark ? , I bet your Porter always bought the breakfast too ? , polished the cab from top to bottom and swept the back out ? :laughing: and I bet he walked backwards up the stairs ? :laughing:

Hi jakey and mark ,we started 8am on first removal finish about 1 go to chippy then next start at 2 we would wash down on sat morning and sweep out ,

JAKEY:
thank you oiley .

Cheers JAKEY :slight_smile: , a few more.
Oily

Removals Richard 32731626461_3a264eb7b5 rs _k.jpg

Removals Richard 32619408763_deec0b9331_rs k.jpg

Removals Glasswells cc by sa 4.0 Glasswells--first-truck-1949 (2glasswells).jpg

Removals didbygraham 2201889766_aca0954a96_gr o.jpg