Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Hello John , yes wagon looks lovely mate ,glad to see there inside for the week .

See you next year .

Merry Christmas . :smiley:

JAKEY:
Hello John , yes wagon looks lovely mate ,glad to see there inside for the week .

See you next year .

Merry Christmas . :smiley:

Same to you and the family ,let’s hope for better next year

Spotted again .

Shorts removals 1969.

removals shorts 69 prem.PNG

I think reading that clipping that that handy trailer was a head of its time .

image (2).jpeg
image (1).jpeg

0 Sorry , bit of a senior moment :blush:

Suedehead:

George bros,w Jones,griff fender and robbins were the main South Wales removals company also herberts maesteg

smallcoal:

Suedehead:

George bros,w Jones,griff fender and robbins were the main South Wales removals company also herberts maesteg

Didn’t Fox have a depot in S Wales?

Park Royal 2100
Good morning,
Iirc Fox had a depot in Cwmbran , but probably Small Coal knows better.
Regards Allan

Mrsteel:
Park Royal 2100
Good morning,
Regards Allan

Cwmbran, that was it. Used to see them going east on the M4 regularly as I was going west, always a wave from them.

Interesting photo of a Marsden D Series Luton and an integral I’m not sure about. At first I thought it was a Bedford SB till I saw the cab doors. It is using the same mould they used for the integral SBs but the writing would seem to indicate Morris (Its very blurred) If a Morris I wonder which model chassis they have used? Perhaps someone will know? Never the less two very nice vans

ParkRoyal2100:

Mrsteel:
Park Royal 2100
Good morning,
Regards Allan

Cwmbran, that was it. Used to see them going east on the M4 regularly as I was going west, always a wave from them.

Fox still based in Cwmbran,here’s a couple of pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Carl Williams:
Interesting photo of a Marsden D Series Luton and an integral I’m not sure about. At first I thought it was a Bedford SB till I saw the cab doors. It is using the same mould they used for the integral SBs but the writing would seem to indicate Morris (Its very blurred) If a Morris I wonder which model chassis they have used? Perhaps someone will know? Never the less two very nice vans

At that time the only Morris/Austin chassis available for that application was the rather unreliable underfloor engined FJK series as the FFK had ended production a couple of years before. It looks like a FJK grille and I remember working on a similar bodied one that was a horsebox.

Pete.

smallcoal:

ParkRoyal2100:

Mrsteel:
Park Royal 2100
Good morning,
Regards Allan

Fox still based in Cwmbran,here’s a couple of pics

Cheers :sunglasses:

windrush:

Carl Williams:

At that time the only Morris/Austin chassis available for that application was the rather unreliable underfloor engined FJK series as the FFK had ended production a couple of years before. It looks like a FJK grille and I remember working on a similar bodied one that was a horsebox.

Pete.

Thats what i thought. It would have broken my heart having spent so much on building a lovely van to end up with something that would have spent so much time being repaired, but perhaps they mostly did local removals and the Morris did not get the opportunity to manifest its problems

Thanks to everyone who’s kept this thread ticking over this year, and good riddance to 2021.

Have a great New Year.

Steve

Same to you Steve,hope to see this thread getting stronger in 2022 .